Tried out Leak Buster

• jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      HI

I try out the leak buster to know what that advise me. My questions: Can I trust in this program, or I not should be so loose. And if I have to change what shouild I do exactly?

EDIT: I took out the picture because it's too large.

Here is my stats:

Hands: 2720
      VPIP%: 9 (Advice range: 20.7-14.1)
      FPR 5.4 (Advice range: 16-11.2)
      BB Fold to Steal: 94.3 (Advice range: 78.6-62.6)
      SB Fold to Steal: 93.8 (Advice range: 88.3-75.7)
      SB Reraise Steal: 3.1 (Advice range: 12.2-6.5)
      BB Reraise Steal: 2.9 (Advice range: 12.2-7.3)
      3Bet%: 1.7 (Advice range: 6.1-3.4)
      PFR/VPIP ration: 59.8 (Advice range: 87.7-62.1)
  • 20 replies
    • Buhas
      Buhas
      Bronze
      never used that program.

One question, is that useless for SNG?
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Buhas
      never used that program.

One question, is that useless for SNG?
      It's look me only for cash game.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I have seen LeakBuster but not used it and it works for no limit, limit and omaha.

For SnGs may I suggest SitNGo Wizard, which seems to be highly rated by PokerStrategy players, who certainly know a thing or two about it! :s_cool:

I am not competent enough to comment on your stats though sorry, but I'm sure an expert will do so.

Best regards,

Mal.
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jeszkar
      HI

I try out the leak buster to know what that advise me. My questions: Can I trust in this program, or I not should be so loose. And if I have to change what shouild I do exactly?

EDIT: I took out the picture because it's too large.

Here is my stats:

Hands: 2720
      VPIP%: 9 (Advice range: 20.7-14.1)
      FPR 5.4 (Advice range: 16-11.2)
      BB Fold to Steal: 94.3 (Advice range: 78.6-62.6)
      SB Fold to Steal: 93.8 (Advice range: 88.3-75.7)
      SB Reraise Steal: 3.1 (Advice range: 12.2-6.5)
      BB Reraise Steal: 2.9 (Advice range: 12.2-7.3)
      3Bet%: 1.7 (Advice range: 6.1-3.4)
      PFR/VPIP ration: 59.8 (Advice range: 87.7-62.1)
      You can certainly trust those results and recommendations, you are playing too tightly. Continue reading the strategy articles on this site to improve your game and practice opening with the range of hands they suggest.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Yeah, but I can't play when after hundrens of hand I still can't find playable hands. Also I very tired with folding hands like pocket 9 because I'm at UTG.

While I was silver for a month I was start to read the silver articles but it beggins like this (or somehint similar)
      "when you start go up on the limits" - Whel I don't go up on the limits, so I stopped to read.

I like to play with more hands because the game is terrible borring (even on three table). But I have to fold 90-92% hand then I can't do nothing.
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      What strategy are you playing? By your stats i would say short stack strategy on fullring, which cant be right since almost none of the sites allow you to buyin for 20bbs whereas recommended stats from leak busters are for big stack strategy on short handed tables...
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      I play BSS and I use beginner starting hand chart.
    • YxieAA
      YxieAA
      Silver
      Hi,

do you play full ring or 6-max?
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YxieAA
      Hi,

do you play full ring or 6-max?
      Full ring (or 9-max because on Party Poker 9 players is the max on NL2 tables.)
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      i thnk 2.7k hands is a pretty small sample it might be colluded so try again when you get 10K+
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      I wouldn't mind this entire thing but when I watch a coaching (I speak about low-limit coaching) I see so many times they play with different hand different way not like as the articles advice me. Like raise with 88 in UTG (chart: Fold expect if somebody raise), call a raise in BB with AQs (chart: Fold) or raising with KQs in SB after two limp (chart: call) etc.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jeszkar
      I wouldn't mind this entire thing but when I watch a coaching (I speak about low-limit coaching) I see so many times they play with different hand different way not like as the articles advice me. Like raise with 88 in UTG (chart: Fold expect if somebody raise), call a raise in BB with AQs (chart: Fold) or raising with KQs in SB after two limp (chart: call) etc.
      Yes, coaches play differently than charts tell. The reason is that they have more experience. Starting hand charts are designed to give you easy first steps and keeps you away from difficult situations where a beginner is more likely to make a costly mistake. That's why you see different plays in coachings. But you shouldn't worry about that :) Just keep playing by the charts if you started out recently and as you'll get more experience you will be able to play more hands profitably :)

Also, about Leak Buster, again, it suggest to play looser(which is correct), but you need more experience to do that profitably. So, don't worry about being really tight, just keep learning and soon you'll be able to loosen up :)
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Yeah I understand that but here is my problem:
      Sometime I feel this too tight. Like I'm in UTG+2 and I have a pair 8 or 9. I don't very like the idea of folding it. Or somebody make a minraise in the button, and I hold an AQs. The chart said, I have to fold. But in live poker probably I would 3-bet in this situation, I mean the villain's blind stealing is look too weak.
      And this lead in to another problem.
      When I don't get good hand at the beginning of the session I will be in a very bad situation. If I have to fold 99 hands and I get a good hand or even a monster as 100th nobody will call my raise becaues they will think I'm a rock.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Again, I have an AQs (diamond) but somebody raise before me a small so I fold (one player called) - and what happened? The flop 3 diamonds. One of the player get a straight on the turn, the orther a set. If I would be in the game I would take down two pot. But No! I have to a be good boy and I fold every hand.

This is not a TAG strategy this is a rock strategy.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Totally understand your frustration, been through it, when I started playing using the SHC I would always be rated as a rock by my holdem manager. To be successful you need to play tight on a loose table and play loose on a tight table and keep changing your gameplay as the table's momentum changes. However at micro limits especially on sites like Everest you find so many fish on the table and the tables are so loose that its always in your best interest to play tight.

You could widen your range depending on players around you, for example when at BU or CO when I see that the players left are very tight(5-8% VPIP), I raise no matter what I have and steal their blinds.

The reason pokerstrategy.com's articles make you super tight initially and then loosen you up as you reach silver and gold articles is because as you start the micro stakes are loose and higher stakes become tight. So just hold on for sometime, believe in the chart, innovate a little based on statistics and you should be up the limits soon where you can widen your range.

Like Matt Damon says in Rounder's, "Your goal is to win one big bet an hour", thanks to multi-tabling it takes a lot less than an hour now. :D

By the way you are asked to fold 99 in early position is only for the very low limits with loose tables. The thing is, as you move up you'll start raising 99 from UTG itself. To be an aggressive player you need to raise or fold. Players at lower limits don't respect your raise so much which is why your 99 raise will be disrespected with a 3-Bet or a passive call from a KJo (or even worse) many times which will force you to play your your 99 from a very uncomfortable early position.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Totally understand your frustration, been through it, when I started playing using the SHC I would always be rated as a rock by my holdem manager. To be successful you need to play tight on a loose table and play loose on a tight table and keep changing your gameplay as the table's momentum changes. However at micro limits especially on sites like Everest you find so many fish on the table and the tables are so loose that its always in your best interest to play tight.
      Yes there are many bad players even on Party Poker (I have to use very often the HM3 to notes them stupid moves for if latter encounter with that palyer) but there are two problem.
      1. More often then not Don't get much playable hands, and the bad player give their money to each others.
      2. Even if I get the playabe hand that doesn't mean I will beat them with it. There are a lot of time they make their big hand on the river or the river card is scary enought to make me fold.

Anyway I loose my play already (don't fold pocket pairs in UTG, don't fold every hand for every raise especialy if I in position) and I now play on 4 table. Actually not much to change but at least now I'm not borring with the play (but I still hate it)

With these change I still lose my money but not faster.
      "Your goal is to win one big bet an hour" And I would be Ok with that but mostly a session look like this: after 3-4 hours play I win 40-50 cent on two tables and i lost 1-1 buy in on the other tables (mostly with bad beat: my last 3 AA beaten by Axo)

"Players at lower limits don't respect your raise"
      This is not always true. Sometime they don't, in other time they do. Today I deal with 10 monsters hand only with three I saw the flop.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      You need to realize that bad beats are a part of poker that you can't ignore or avoid. They will haunt you for as long as you play no matter what limits you play at. The best you can do is accept them, come to peace with the fact and continue to play aggressively without fearing bad beats. Maybe taking a day or two off poker will help you calm down and formulate your strategy better.

You should be happy that bad players keep giving each other money. That means that atleast some of them would stay on the table and fall in your trap when you hit a monster and they'll have a big enough stack to pay you off. You always want enough fish on the table with big enough stacks.

I would recommend playing lower pocket pairs from early positions. You either hit a set on the flop or you just fold as simple as that, be sure you don't overplay them. However don't call a late of raises from late position especially from passive players. Always remember bet or fold, forget the call button for now. You only call with pocket pairs using the Call20 rule.

Don't be scared of scary river cards. If they are scary to you then they are scary to them too. When the river completes a draw and you are forced to fold to an aggressive play by a bad player and you know he has you beat then you shouldn't be upset that you had to fold. Money saved is money earned. Also try to push all in on earlier streets when you know you are ahead and they are just trying to complete their draws. Make it expensive for them to chase their draws and shoving All In when you are ahead with higher equity will prove profitable for you in the long run. Short run fluctuations are cushioned thanks to bankroll management. Remember bad beats come and go, don't let them affect your overall game and playing style.

And please don't play 3-4 hour long sessions. Start by playing just one hour long sessions and try to stay sharp and fresh during them. 3-4 hour sessions only welcome fatigue and higher possibility of tilting.

Finally, when people start folding a lot to your raise and you don't get to see the flop a lot then you should move to another table cause you are probably on a tight table and that won't do you any good. Try yo have atleast one fish on every table you are with atleast 40 VPIP. The more the merrier. If there are too many people with VPIP less than 20 then you are definitely better of moving to a new table. Remember that the TAG style works best against loose passive players and the lovely fish.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      "You need to realize that bad beats are a part of poker"

I know this, and I learned to accept it. Now I don't angry after bad beat. But for me bad beat is more offten then a winning hand. Now I also thinking about that's not only coincidence.

"You should be happy that bad players keep giving each other money."

Yeah, I'm happy when only the bad players win money.

"Forget the call button for now."

For now? I should forget it at higher stake not at micro limit. Even the begginer articles said, sometime I should limp.

"Money saved is money earned. "

Not really when I put money on pre-flop, flop, turn and I lose on the river.

"Also try to push all in on earlier streets when you know you are ahead"

First: I will only try to put all-in when I think I'm seriusly above (I will not make all-in with TPTK). Second: Make all-in is not that easy when the pot is not big. Three: This will not guarantee that I won't lost on the rive.r

"Short run fluctuations are cushioned thanks to bankroll management."
      I think I will lost all of my money sooner or later even with proper bankroll managment.

"Remember bad beats come and go, don't let them affect your overall game and playing style."

Don't effect it but I still be beaten when I more than 90% favorite.

"And please don't play 3-4 hour long sessions."
      Learn lot, play lot -> make better. I easily can play 3-4 hours without being tired

"Try yo have atleast one fish on every table you are with atleast 40 VPIP."
      I can find lot of bad player but this particuler type is not that easy to, also I need a lot of hand history from the player if I like to know this stat. So I have to play lot with PT3 turn on. Also there are not that much loose passive player.
    • D4NNYP
      D4NNYP
      Bronze
      Wow, your obviously in a bad place, poster above gave you some great advice.

If you can't take this advice on board, then maybe take a break.

We do understand your frustration, in fact I've gone back to same SHC, after getting to NL25 and finding I couldn't beat it.. I decided to read all beginner articles again, and i'm being disciplined even though It is going against what I thought I knew.

The SHC does make you look like a nit, but you can win with it on the micro stakes tables.. But finding the loose players is important..

Keep your head up & good luck..