[NL2-NL10] NL2 - AK preflop

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

sorry for the very elementary situation, but I´m getting into this spot very often, so I don´t want to do any mistakes here. Opponent was basically unknown at that time.

1. I didn´t feel confident in playing AK profitable OOP without initiative so I folded.

2. Should I call in similar spots if I´m in position? Maybe just if the opponent doesn´t c-bet much?

3. Should I call against unknown every time, if the preflop raise is only a minraise?

Thanks!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      MP1:
      $2,63

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , K:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, MP1 raises to $0,24, 7 folds.

Final Pot: $0,35
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Nah, pretty standard. Especially when he is raising from MP1 vs UTG range. Good fold! Playing OOP the hand wont be profitable, especially if the opponent is somewhat nitty even.

Best Regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz!

And what to do if I´m IP against a normal raise like this (suppose it depends on the opponent), or OOP but the opponent just minbets? It might be profitable to call a minbet even OOP because of the better odds.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Dback357
      Thanks Veriz!

And what to do if I´m IP against a normal raise like this (suppose it depends on the opponent), or OOP but the opponent just minbets? It might be profitable to call a minbet even OOP because of the better odds.
      What do you mean min-bets? He can't min-bet preflop. :) Are we talking about min-raise?
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Sorry, yes, I was thinking min-raise and typed min-bet..... :rolleyes:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Dback357
      Sorry, yes, I was thinking min-raise and typed min-bet..... :rolleyes:
      Well, then we have to reevaluate it. :) We might even able to Call since we get the odds.