[NL2-NL10] NL2- KK- awful play

• Dback357

opponent was a maniac, called every single of my preflop raises. It was impossible to put him on any kind of preflop range (basically any 2). At the time of this hand, he appeared more agressive postflop than just 1.7 AF.

Not long before this hand, he called me preflop, then donked the flop pot size, I called, then he c/f turn.

I raised the drawy flop because of protection. I thought he could ship with worse than KK sometimes, maybe because he could think, I was trying to abuse him, just like in the last hand. I thought, I might win 1 out of 3, so I called. I felt very bad afterwards.... :(

Thanks for the evaluation!

Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) 6:spade: , 3:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,18, Hero raises to $0,68, SB raises to $5,25 (All-In), Hero raises to $2,15 (All-In).

Turn: ($7,58) 7:spade:
      River: ($7,58) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7,58

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kd Kc)
      SB shows a straight, seven high (5h 4s)

SB wins with a straight, seven high (5h 4s)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Dback357,

Well, if you are raising then of course we are also playing for the stacks. Against such an opponent it shouldn't be even a problem, especially if you also had your reads.

Another possibility would be to take pot control and reevaluate it on the turn.

Best Regards.