[NL2-NL10] Nl2; Hu: 99

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.35 (117.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 9
      Hero raises to $0.06, BB raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) 7 6 A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27

Turn: ($0.90) K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.67, Hero folds

Results: $0.90 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: 7 6 A K
      BB mucked and won $0.84 ($0.39 net)
      Hero mucked 9 9 and lost (-$0.45 net)

Opponent's stats:
      VP/PFR/AF/3bet/Cbetflop3Bpot/Cbetturn3Bpot/WTSD/hands 44/35/1.8/11.7/80(5)/100(2)/18/341

Is this ok?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Why do you Call the flop? What makes you think he wont barrel the turn again if he has so far done that? While also being in 3bet pot.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      True. It doesn't look like good play from my side. But then again I have this feeling that folding against such a high Cbet percentage is too weak. Yes, I know that most likely he will cbet the turn as well, but perhaps that is why I should have called the turn? Most likely not though.

The point is, I have suspections that a fold on the flop is somewhat nitty. That is not true, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Fold flop and wait for next hand? :D Why do you want to win any pot, it's a huge leak if you trying to win in poker any pot.
      Bronze
      Why do you want to win any pot, it's a huge leak if you trying to win in poker any pot.

That is definitely not something that characterizes me, just trying to improve here.

Anyway, a quick question: if his 3bet percentage was much higher (20% maybe? 30?), should a call on at least the flop not be an option? I mean, indeed, now that I'm looking at the situation I dislike the call because his 3bet percentage is not that extremely high and he could very easily have the ace or a higher PP even maybe, but if he 3bets very often and double barrels very often then calling both the flop and turn is starting to look more appealing. Or am I getting too greedy again?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Don't search for situations where your Call is correct or near correct. ;) I am making it easy and simple, just fold and don't float such spots, especially when the opponent is capable of 2barreling a lot.

You will just start leveling yourself too much during the game which you shouldn't on those limits and I am pretty sure which is definitely the case during the game for you. :D
      Bronze
      Don't search for situations where your Call is correct or near correct. I am making it easy and simple, just fold and don't float such spots, especially when the opponent is capable of 2barreling a lot.

What's wrong with it? I am not arguing with you that my play was good, I know it wasn't. I just want to know how to play in a similar situation against a different opponent. I am trying to improve, and I'm definitely not making excuses for my bad performance in this hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What's wrong with it?

Re-read once again my post. "You will just start leveling yourself too much during the game which you shouldn't on those limits and I am pretty sure which is definitely the case during the game for you."