[NL2-NL10] NL4; SH: 44 set

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $4.45 (111.3 bb)
      UTG: $3.23 (80.8 bb)
      MP: $4.87 (121.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $4.13 (103.3 bb)
      BTN: $9.35 (233.8 bb)
      SB: $5.64 (141 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4 4
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.30) 4 K T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BTN raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.26

Turn: ($1.18) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.59, Hero raises to $3.57 and is all-in, BTN folds

Results: $2.36 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 4 K T 8
      Hero mucked 4 4 and won $2.21 ($1.06 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$1.15 net)

Opponent's stats:
      VP/PFR/AF/WTSD/hands 38/6/9.0/50/35

Was this the best line? I'm starting to doubt that.
      Maybe should have bet the turn or raised on the flop already.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Why do you CB so small on the flop? Why not just 3bet right on the flop? If he has a hand he is going to play for the stacks anyways unless you expect him to bluff very often. Neither we don't want to see Check behind on the turn which will happen very often with aggressive opponents. So I don't like the line at all, even if you Call then you should donk the turn.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Why do you CB so small on the flop?

Is it really so small?

Other than that I have nothing to add. I completely agree.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Why do you think I am asking? :D
      Bronze
      1) It's almost 2/3 pot.
      You probably suggest a higher bet because this particular opponent is calling a bigger bet with the same range?

2) This brings me to another question - when we Cbet without a hit/as a bluff, do we bet the same amount we would bet with a made hand, or do we not have to balance against bad opponents and can bluff a little bit smaller?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You probably suggest a higher bet because this particular opponent is calling a bigger bet with the same range?

Well, as I see that actually it ain't. :D You are trying to be so exact. 2/3 of 0,30 is exactly $0,20 and I guess no calc even needed for it. But the idea ain't that, on such a board you can easily bet a lot more.

This brings me to another question - when we Cbet without a hit/as a bluff, do we bet the same amount we would bet with a made hand, or do we not have to balance against bad opponents and can bluff a little bit smaller?

Balancing against loose opponents? :)
      Bronze
      Well, as I see that actually it ain't. You are trying to be so exact. 2/3 of 0,30 is exactly $0,20 and I guess no calc even needed for it. But the idea ain't that, on such a board you can easily bet a lot more.

No no, I said almost pot size, lol.

The board is not that wet. If our opponent was a regular would the dominant reason behind our bet sizing not be our opponent rather than the board? E.i. I think we should not bet that much against most regulars, should we?
      What I mean by this is that I agree with you now that we have to bet bigger but is the main reason really the board and not the opponent? Is it a combination of both?

Balancing against loose opponents?

Yes. Can we bet smaller with our bluff Cbets against bad opponents (provided they can fold) because they won't adapt?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I don't really care whatever the board is. I want value with my hand, I want to protect and I am making a normal bet. Don't even understand why I argue you here about either to bet it smaller or not. :D

It can't be really so hard to understand why we do Bet bigger there and the board ain't so dry as you imagine. If the opponent has a hand he is willing to pay, if he doesn't he wont pay you anyways no matter what Bet you make.