Bit of help with my graph please!

• ukspike
      ukspike
      Bronze
      Hey all

I have recently started playing poker again, I used to play SNG on FTP before they shut down, (managed to build to about $250 roll from $30) however I have decided to take a much more serious approach to poker and play cash games on stars, I have started looking at all the articles, and attended a coaching session yesterday, anyhow I have played a small sample of hands but noticed that I am now at a point where my non-showdown winnings are higher than my showdown.

Is this supposed to happen?! Am I doing something seriously wrong by c betting to much or something else?

I don't expect anything to be perfect as I am literally just starting to learn, but I can't complain that the graph is at least going in an upwards direction at the moment.

ps. that last downward spike is what a nice trip to the dentist does for you :P

Thanks in advance for any help :)
  • 7 replies
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      something is wrong then, unless ur always losing ur AI hands or playing extra loose.. whats your VPIP/PFR/3bet etc
    • ItsTeddyKGB
      ItsTeddyKGB
      Bronze
      You only played 2k hands... This isn't a good sample. Play 50.000 more and come back.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      1600 hands is nothing i can play that in 3 hours ;o, wait for at least 50k+ hands before showing us a graph
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Post your stats not your graph and get a decent sample.

Nice NSD winnings btw.
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      have you restarted HEM2 before looking at the graph? because it seems to always be wrong for me until i close and open it again after a session.
    • ukspike
      ukspike
      Bronze
      I know the hand amount is small but I wondered if a big leak could be caught early on, so thought I would post just incase.

I am currently only playing at most 4 tables at a time as I am still getting used to it again.

my current stats from only 2283 hands -
      Full Ring 0.01/0.02nl
      VPIP - 17
      PFR - 11
      3Bet - 2.3
      WTSD% - 32.4
      W$SD% - 45.5
      agg - 2.91
      Agg% - 38.8

Currently I am not even entirely sure on all of the meanings behind the stats :) Just posted what defaults in Hold em manager, I understand the basics behind VPIP, PFR, 3Beting and such but I am still not entirely sure what "values" I should be hitting.

Should my VPIP be somewhat lower at around 13-14? My 3Bet should be slightly higher?

Any help is appreciated :) As I said I know it's a very small amount of hands and that it really doesn't mean a lot at this point, but if someone states something that might be wrong and I see it in my game I can surely identify it as a leak even now?
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      2283 hands isn't really enough to draw any conclusions.

Ideally your PFR and VPIP should be closer together - for those limits the gap should probably be 4 or less, so focus on calling less and raising more.
      You can get away with a lot at NL2 but I'd expect playing something like 15/13 being close to optimum (although a range of styles will be profitable).

Your 3-bet is fine for NL2 - you can 3-bet only for value and never bluff 3-bet.