This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bit of help with my graph please!

• ukspike
      ukspike
      Bronze
      Hey all

I have recently started playing poker again, I used to play SNG on FTP before they shut down, (managed to build to about $250 roll from $30) however I have decided to take a much more serious approach to poker and play cash games on stars, I have started looking at all the articles, and attended a coaching session yesterday, anyhow I have played a small sample of hands but noticed that I am now at a point where my non-showdown winnings are higher than my showdown.

Is this supposed to happen?! Am I doing something seriously wrong by c betting to much or something else?

I don't expect anything to be perfect as I am literally just starting to learn, but I can't complain that the graph is at least going in an upwards direction at the moment.

ps. that last downward spike is what a nice trip to the dentist does for you :P

Thanks in advance for any help :)
  • 7 replies
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      something is wrong then, unless ur always losing ur AI hands or playing extra loose.. whats your VPIP/PFR/3bet etc
    • ItsTeddyKGB
      ItsTeddyKGB
      Bronze
      You only played 2k hands... This isn't a good sample. Play 50.000 more and come back.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      1600 hands is nothing i can play that in 3 hours ;o, wait for at least 50k+ hands before showing us a graph
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Post your stats not your graph and get a decent sample.

Nice NSD winnings btw.
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      have you restarted HEM2 before looking at the graph? because it seems to always be wrong for me until i close and open it again after a session.
    • ukspike
      ukspike
      Bronze
      I know the hand amount is small but I wondered if a big leak could be caught early on, so thought I would post just incase.

I am currently only playing at most 4 tables at a time as I am still getting used to it again.

my current stats from only 2283 hands -
      Full Ring 0.01/0.02nl
      VPIP - 17
      PFR - 11
      3Bet - 2.3
      WTSD% - 32.4
      W$SD% - 45.5
      agg - 2.91
      Agg% - 38.8

Currently I am not even entirely sure on all of the meanings behind the stats :) Just posted what defaults in Hold em manager, I understand the basics behind VPIP, PFR, 3Beting and such but I am still not entirely sure what "values" I should be hitting.

Should my VPIP be somewhat lower at around 13-14? My 3Bet should be slightly higher?

Any help is appreciated :) As I said I know it's a very small amount of hands and that it really doesn't mean a lot at this point, but if someone states something that might be wrong and I see it in my game I can surely identify it as a leak even now?
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      2283 hands isn't really enough to draw any conclusions.

Ideally your PFR and VPIP should be closer together - for those limits the gap should probably be 4 or less, so focus on calling less and raising more.
      You can get away with a lot at NL2 but I'd expect playing something like 15/13 being close to optimum (although a range of styles will be profitable).

Your 3-bet is fine for NL2 - you can 3-bet only for value and never bluff 3-bet.