WARNING ! Titan Poker Terms & Conditions

• 1z2x3y
      WARNING Titan Poker charges you for inactive account

This is a copy of the Terms & Conditions on Titan Poker Website

11. Inactive Accounts

11.1 If you have not placed any Stake in your Player Account for a continuous period of one hundred and eighty (180) days (the “Grace Period”) your account shall deemed to be inactive.

11.2 Once your Account has been deemed Inactive we will be entitled to charge you maintenance fee (the 'Inactive Account Fee'). We may deduct an amount up to the Inactive Account Fee from your account balance commencing on the last day of the Grace Period and then every thirty (30) days thereafter in accordance with the Inactive Account Fee Schedule. If we deem Your Account Inactive for a period of twelve consecutive calendar months, in order to safeguard your monies, we may withhold any remaining monies in Your Account and close Your Account. You may contact us to reclaim any such withheld monies within 5 years from the last date you placed a Stake.

11.3 We will stop deducting the Inactive Account Fee from Your account balance if your account is re-activated by placing a Stake or upon closure of your account in accordance with 8.5.

11.4 Inactive Account Fee Schedule is $5/£5/€5/R50/DKK35/NOK40/SEK50/AUD7/CHF5.

11.5 All fees and charges are subject to change from time to time.

I think if you are with Titan Poker you should read all the terms of use:

HERE : http://www.titanpoker.com/termsofuse.html
  • 10 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      If you don't use a poker account with money in it for 180 days you don't need that money anyway imo... Just clean up your account when you stop playing. Party Poker has something quite similar to this...
    • comon
      They will send you e-mail before they charge your account. At least I got one from Mansion poker. I believe it's going to be the same on Titan poker.
    • nonamesleft

Quite a few sites do this, 888 do exactly the same. I don't agree with it but there isn't much you can do i'm afraid (except be aware of it). Just do what Emmanuel says and empty accounts you know you won't be using...
    • 1z2x3y
      this is very sound advice, however you have to be aware of the terms first to be in the know.

disagree with your comment:
      { If you don't use a poker account with money in it for 180 days you don't need that money anyway imo...}

glad you got a email from Mansion. However Titan Poker do not.
      { believe me i have just experienced it 1st hand }

@nonamesleft, thanks for sharing the info of quite a few sites do it.

So it seem's the post's all point to the fact of being aware of it.

I was not aware of it until i logged into my account on Titan Poker,

Hi 1z2x3y,

Thanks for posting this for making sure our members are aware of these charges. As mentioned above this is standard across a majority of the Poker Rooms. I have certainly seen these charges from other rooms from time to time but this is also the first instance of it being from Titan.

I guess it pays to read the terms and conditions for all Poker sites when signing up :)

Best regards,
    • M1rCea
      thanks for the hu, bro!

• JohanRember
      Hi everyone,

Just dropping by to let you know that it is not always the poker sites decision to have these fee's on player accounts.

In fact, most sites that have license with LGA will be forced to take these fee's. And all this money goes straight to the LGA and not the site!

Why you may ask? The License provider wants a bigger piece of the cake.
    • EmanuelC16
      It's good to make people aware of it but I still think that anyone who needs any kind of money they wouldn't leave it in a poker account for half a year. :)

Then again I don't know how others manage their $$$ so maybe it makes sense to leave the money there?
    • Heave112
      ty4warn inb4sc00mer site :O
    • Skraggy
      While it's most likely true that they would need to keep records for at least 10 years - I will say that I got my old account deleted and my new one tracked through PS on stars :pokerface: