Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $24,75
      CO:
      $27,18

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      CO raises to $0,70, BU folds, Hero raises to $2,45, BB folds, CO calls $1,75.

Flop: ($5,15) A:diamond: , A:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,7, CO calls $2,70.

Turn: ($10,55) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Was not sure what to do on a diamond. The diamond scares my opponent anyway so i decided to bet so i can ship on river if CO calls on turn with anything.
      I think just checking wouldn't win me more money even if CO can't call with much on turn.

Final Pot: $10,55
  • 4 replies
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      well you have 3 of a kind + top kicker, Nut Flush draw, basically nuts, what are you trying to do with your raise? is it for protection? value? You can basically check turn back everytime since only thing that will shove flop is a made flush or Full house . He probably had an over pair to the flop like 9's+ etc. If you checked turn I think a river value bet would be more possible to extract. When you raise Turn like that you are always repping an AJ+ type of hand or high PPairs like Q's+ Dont even think Q's would bet turn maybe check for pot control. So overall if you want to extract value from your river bet check the turn you have nut flop , with 2 nut redraws, the flush and the King, and Quads, so many outs. If you also check turn you give villain room to bluff you since he has position over you also many small PPairs would cbet flop only to check turn so this would be a perfect position for him to bluff or rep a high PPair or Ax type of hands. Overall in the long run I think its more profitable to check turn , and value bet river since it is somewhat of a deceptive line.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      also you have any 3 any 5 so that adds 6 more outs my god xD
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like betting turn and shoving river line, since you want to stack weaker Ax hand and if he called once with TT I think he would not bet himself and might easily fold river, so bet/bet/shove there should be fine.

If you want you can also check but then to c/r turn and shove river

Best regards,
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      I know that my hand is strong but just always slowplaying the nuts is not always right when you could get called if you bet.

Originally posted by Heave112
      well you have 3 of a kind + top kicker, Nut Flush draw, basically nuts, what are you trying to do with your raise? is it for protection? value?
      It's a bet on turn not a raise (had problems reading your text).

I want to go for stacks and if i just check on turn villain can check behind with hands like JdJh, weaker Ax, weak flush. Which he would maybe call another bet with.

If i check and he checks behind the pot in river would be only 10,55 and sure, i can bet and get called more often from his potcontrol hands.
      But i would win a lot more if i get called on turn and ship river and he has a flush or Ax.
      Sure he could bluff on turn but i don't think a 18/13 player with a 21 WTS would do this often if he as showdown value (pp's?)

You can basically check turn back everytime since only thing that will shove flop is a made flush or Full house .
      You mean shove turn? As said i think i lose value if i just check.

He probably had an over pair to the flop like 9's+ etc.
      Overpair is not possible on this board.

Overall in the long run I think its more profitable to check turn , and value bet river since it is somewhat of a deceptive line.
      On a higher limit or against a more aggressive opponent you are right for sure, i should just check because it's a good line but on this limit against bad players i try to get the maximum.