This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 line

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Hand conversion has gone abit weird, but he bet $0.31, i raised to $0.92 and he shoved for $4.09

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($1.50)
      MP ($4.18)
      Button ($4.13)
      SB ($12.94)
      Hero (BB) ($3.08)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9
      2 folds, Button calls $0.04, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.26) 2, 5, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.31, Button raises to $4.09 (All-In), Hero calls $1.96, Hero calls $0.92 (All-In)

Turn: ($6.02) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($6.02) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $6.02

Should i have folded to his 3 bet shove?
  • 7 replies
    • Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Hi Castle93

I am no expert and I am only doing this as part of the NL-begginers course homework so please wait and see what the experts have to say.

1- preflop I can't really make out what happened as BU called $0.04 and then it says you called $0.16. I assume BU raised you or you the BU and then the call was made either way

2- Given there are no stats I would say that BU would call a raise with a Ax range on the BU, specially A/Xs and in SH game.

3- As for his shove i would have folded putting him on a straight or OESD and backdoor flush which would justify his shove to me.

Again I am no expert and this is just the homework assignment.

Could you please post the result of the hand when it has been evaluated. I would like to see how wrong i was evaluating it.

Thank you
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      okay, no worries i can pm you the result if yu like, just to clarify you would have folded to the shove?
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      what happened preflop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Castle93,

Add to full stack.

Preflop: Hope you raised preflop. :D
      Postflop: Why do you Check/Raise the flop? I don't like it at all. Neither I don't really understand what's happening in the hand. But most likely you should be giving up on the flop rather playing for the stacks.

Best Regards.
    • Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      yeah I would have folded to the shove. can You post result plz
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      The hand is not clear at all, can you try to post again with all the proper raises and bet sizes? but as i can see he can hold also TT, JJ, QQ... so maybe I would call him down trying to arrive a cheap showdown instead of trying to trap him.
      can you POST THE RESULTS THANKS
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      yeahhh sorry the party poker hand histories are playing up atm, im not sure why and i can say he had JJ, so i should have folded too the shove