This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] BSS NL25 FR small pockets paired board

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed)

CO ($27.85)
      Hero ($27.45)
      SB ($25.55)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($6.40) stats 88/16.77/2.9/22.22
      UTG+1 ($34.05)
      MP1 ($35.30)
      MP2 ($4.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6 :spade: 6 :heart:
      UTG calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 4 :heart: A :spade: K :club:( 5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $1.

Turn: ($3) K :heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.5, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $3

SB and BB were tight players. UTG ... crazy. I thought the board texture was ok to bluff and I had position .As the turn brought another K, I bet again.
      Any comments?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you want to take down pot with 66 then raise pf.
      Against 4 players on NL 25 level don´t know how big is your fold equity.
      If UTG probably had pp here, why did he called pot size bet the board that contained two overcards.
      I´ll rather think he maybe had here weak ace.
      I would c/f all the way.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      If UTG probably had pp here, why did he called pot size bet the board that contained two overcards.
      I would c/f all the way.
      I didn´t want to take the pot pf . I had a board with good texture, after the hand was checked to me as I had position to bluff. If anybody raised I would fold.

What I want to check is if it is valid to c-bet in this conditions.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gungunhana
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I would c/f all the way.
      I didn´t want to take the pot pf . I had a board with good texture, after the hand was checked to me as I had position to bluff. If anybody raised I would fold.

What I want to check is if it is valid to c-bet in this conditions.
      Can´t answer you, because I´ll never play small pp ip when I´m not the pre-flop raiser or don´t call raise ip/oop.
      You could probably take shots but you´ll never know what SB or BB could hold, even if you put UTG small pp. It is much easier to play if you were pf raiser.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Your bet is not a c-bet as you aren't the preflop aggressor. And that's the problem: a solid player would try to put you on a range. What would you think: you see a limper and the button limps behind. What are his likely hands? More hands like AK/AQ/KQ or more hands like pockets or suited connectors? The problem is, that it's hard to represent a hand on this board. If you are very aggressive, I'd put you on 44 as its more likely in your range than AK. However, if I'd have an A/K in this spot, I'd call, just because there's a big chance that you are just betting because you are in position. Summarizing, I think betting in position after all other players show no interest in the pot is a good play, but against solid players you have to be aware that you can really represent a hand.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Ok. that is what I wanted to find out. Tks