Hero ($10.17)
      UTG ($11.64)
      CO ($0)
      BTN ($15.88)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold

UTG wins $0.25

53/47 19 hands

I guess we can 3bet, this hand is too strong, we will get calls from weaker hands.
  • 9 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Well it's important If you feel postflop edge - you will be oop and your Kx,Qx can be easily dominated.
      I 'd 3bet definitely :)
      Cya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, why not just to Call and play postflop? :) Perfect hand to do so, with 3betting we just putting us into bigger pot whilst not even know the opponent.

Best Regards.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i think this hand is to good to 3bet and to good to fold, if you 3 bet and the utg 4bets do you fold and turn a hand with potential into a bluff? if so you may as well 3bet here with garbage?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, why not just to Call and play postflop? :) Perfect hand to do so, with 3betting we just putting us into bigger pot whilst not even know the opponent.

Best Regards.
      calling only has advantage of smaller pot. But other things remain the same

we are OOP
      we don't know opponent.

But when we call - we don't have initiative, we cannot cbet.

And if he 4bets, then we asume that he has good hand and we fold. Of course he might not have such. If we see that he 4bets frequently, then stop 3bet with such hand. But its good chance that he is just calling with weak hands, so we get value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What do you mean you don't know the opponent? It's 6max, you have been playing with him already for 19 hands, you should have a view of him how he plays. Is he maniac, is he just having good hands. What do you want? 10k hands on the opponent and then he is known to you? You want to 3bet and then get called and leave just those hands in play which dominate you? You don't even know if he folds to 3bets, as you said, you don't know him. How comes 3betting is better then? Do you think he is folding to CBets? We just play in bigger pot and waste money postflop in bigger pots with vs his floats.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      It's 6max, you have been playing with him already for 19 hands, you should have a view of him how he plays. Is he maniac, is he just having good hands.

Now I don't remember the exact situation, but could be for example that I didn't see his hand at showdown.

If I call and hit, thats little bit better, but if I don't hit, then playing is also a guessing game - try to donk bet, or c/r.

10K hands not necesarry, 200 would be much better than 19.

You want to 3bet and then get called and leave just those hands in play which dominate you?

There are lots of hands that I will dominate and he will pay me off his stack with just top pair. For example Q9+, K9+.

Yeah, I don't know how he fold to cbets, thats the big problem. But cannot we assume that at least 50% he should fold on lets say dry board with one high card.

Actually those situations to 3bet or call OOP are confusing me often, because I am teached (not by you) to be more inclined to 3bet when I don't know the opponent well. And I am almost sure when posting a hand that you will say that call OOP to keep pot small :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You have been playing with him 19 hands and you already expect to get called from him with such a range? Doesn't make sense your earlier mention logic.

When you had something like KQo then yeah, I would be more towards 3betting and picking a passive approach. But when you have KQs, you only have to add $0,20. :D Which is really small amount, why not to play it postflop? If we hit big time we most likely will get paid.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      When you had something like KQo then yeah, I would be more towards 3betting and picking a passive approach.

Thats interesting, didn't expect this. So KQs call because it has lots of implied odds and KQo does not, so we can turn it into a bluff.

You have been playing with him 19 hands and you already expect to get called from him with such a range?

But most often such players are fish :) not the regs who were running good. Maybe on NL200 its much less likely that such player is fish.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Either way, you can even play KQo with a Call for just $0,20. So what if they are fish? Even better for us -> higher expectations for implied odds.