SB ($10.94)
      Hero ($10.52)
      CO ($1.46)
      BTN ($11.18)

Dealt to Hero T:club: 9:spade:

fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.10, fold

Hero shows T:club: 9:spade:

Hero wins $0.60

20/15/2.2 steal from SB 33, fold to 3bet 60, bet 2, fold to cbet 71, 3.8K hands

can I sometimes defend with this hand? I think he will not want to call OOP and also he 4bets only with strong hands, sonly option for him is to fold.
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

If he is not folding to 3bets much then I don't like that much the line. Especially if he is even capable of 4betting. You can still even Call and play postflop if he has leaks postflop. But of course 3betting with the position is also possible but what I'd like to see is that he had a bit bigger steal from SB.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Especially if he is even capable of 4betting.

I made a mistake and typed 'bet' instead of '4bet'. So the 4bet is only 2, which is very small, thats why I decided i can 3bet. And his fold to cbet is decent, so I still can cbet him. But this was more like testing against him. If he would start 4beting more then I shhould stop 3betings such hands.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey man,

nh :) Like that ...

Against these players it's always profitable ... However, I'd choose different hand :)

1) Something with blocker (Ax,Kx)
      2) sc one/two gappers doesnt mean that much :)

The thing is this move is profitable just preflop but if you go 3bet with hands like T9 you often got dominated by AT/A9 which he calls and your EV goes to hell because you call like one two street :)

With sc your life is easier and you get someextra value, because he will not think you have straight on board like 543 :) ) so just extra moneeeeeyz ...

nh,
      cya
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      yeah, the domination problem makes sence.

Edit: oh, but wait - he is OOP, you think he would call with AT OOP?
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      BvB?

You can 3bet with much worse ... :)
      He can call with much worse ... players are usually very paranoid BvB .)

Cya
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      He can call with much worse ... players are usually very paranoid BvB .)

Why it would be better to call for him OOP instead of 4beting with AT?
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Well, don't ask me ... I don't say it's right play, I say that you often see people call these 3bets with A8s :)

Btw I'd say they think you can bluff them a lot so they still dominate your range ;)

Cya
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Btw I'd say they think you can bluff them a lot so they still dominate your range

he should then make a lot of mistakes when he is dominated OOP. I doubt that he is so advanced to play AT OOP in 3bet pot.

But of course, if I see that he really calls with AT, then I can stop 3beting, and wait for the good hand and dominate him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Especially if he is even capable of 4betting.

I made a mistake and typed 'bet' instead of '4bet'. So the 4bet is only 2, which is very small, thats why I decided i can 3bet. And his fold to cbet is decent, so I still can cbet him. But this was more like testing against him. If he would start 4beting more then I shhould stop 3betings such hands.
      Any questions? :P Since yes, the play is fine if you expect to have fold equity postflop as well and he ain't going to showdown a lot. But I can't say that since you don't give me enough of information on the opponent.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Since yes, the play is fine if you expect to have fold equity postflop as well and he ain't going to showdown a lot.

fold to cbet 71

About wtsd now I don't remember, but I thought the information I gave is enough. Of course I could post all table of his stats, but I think this is not necesarry, the simple thing - I must make him fold post flop and OOP he should be less inclined to call vs 3bets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, if you think so. Then I wont ask any more stats and as I said, I will keep it easy and simple for your evaluations. :D