Poker strategy

• malen43
      malen43
      Bronze
      Right now I am playing at NL10 dollar. Most often six tables at the same time, 9-handed. I am trying to follow this chart, http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1635/1/.

But in an advanced way, which hands should I call/raise with?

Lets go throught if the raiser raise from early, middle or late position, let us say he raises three BB and no one follows.

If the raiser raise from early position, which hands schould I call with according to you, and which hands should I raise with according to you?

1. Early Position
      2. Middle position
      3. Late position

Let us say i Am sitting in MP3.

=)
  • 5 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      At MP3 it depends on too much for me to actually give you an accurate range. The chart is about the tightest I am, and I loosen up if there are very tight players in CO/BU
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      According to some pros you shouldn't raise UTG at all. Because the only thing you can raise with are KK and AA, since UTG's range should be very tight, and if you do that they know exactly what you have when you raise. However, in reality ppl open much looser at utg than most strategies suggest. Therefore I would raise AK, KK, AA, sometimes QQ and call with decent pocket pairs and sometimes AQ.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      I can never condone limping UTG, id raise decent pockets and AQ. As a matter of fact the pockets I raise UTG are the ones most likely to be paid if i make a set.
    • malen43
      malen43
      Bronze
      So in conclusion,no matter which position the raise comes from I should raise with QQ, KK, AA, AK, and sometimes AQ. And call with all other pocketpairs?

But if the raise comes from the cut off and I am sitting at the button, it feels stupid to throw away AQ, KQ and AJ. Or maybe I should? Let us assume I do not know a thing about my opponent.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi guys,

btw, gonna move this into Cash game strategy discussion forums :)

cheers,
      wendy