This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] FR50 QQ 4betted

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $78.85
      UTG2:
      $20.75
      MP1:
      $50.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $51.50
      MP3:
      $50.00
      CO:
      $50.50
      BU:
      $50.75
      SB:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BU raises to $5.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $12.00, BU raises to $50.75, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $12.75.

Villain almost instantly shoved when i 4betted... confusing
      Villian 18/15/3.8AF, 5% 3bet over 924hands any other stats i should pay more attention to?
  • 2 replies
    • PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Bronze
      Personally i d always 4bet/call here... Even if he d only push KK+, AKs, AKo, you have 46% equity so this is +ev to call (not to mention although less likely he could have aq, jj, 1010 or maybe even a bluff, who knows).

If you think you re opponent is extremely tight (which judging by his stats he isn t) you could just call the 3 bet and reevaluate on the flop, but playing qq oop in a 3bet pot sucks and i don t think anyone would recommend it... After the 4bet it s an easy decision, you just can t fold.

Also one thing i noticed (i could be wrong here), usually people wait a few seconds before pushing aa or kk, but snappush ak (probably because they want you to think they have aa or kk and want you to fold cause they don t want to flip against your pair)...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PickoCro
      Personally i d always 4bet/call here... Even if he d only push KK+, AKs, AKo, you have 46% equity so this is +ev to call (not to mention although less likely he could have aq, jj, 1010 or maybe even a bluff, who knows).

If you think you re opponent is extremely tight (which judging by his stats he isn t) you could just call the 3 bet and reevaluate on the flop, but playing qq oop in a 3bet pot sucks and i don t think anyone would recommend it... After the 4bet it s an easy decision, you just can t fold.

Also one thing i noticed (i could be wrong here), usually people wait a few seconds before pushing aa or kk, but snappush ak (probably because they want you to think they have aa or kk and want you to fold cause they don t want to flip against your pair)...
      +1
      I also think you see mostly AK, so I´d 4-bet/call there with QQ

best regards,