To stay or not to stay

• ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I'm currently trying to decide whether or not to stay with pokerstars; I had a plan to build my BR up by bonus whoring all the bonuses that PS offer. I started with Pokerstars just over a month ago however my BR has increased 200% in this short amount of time. Albeit $75 of that is bonus money but I never had that amount of success at Full Tilt (pretty much breaking even after 4 months) and I'm basically playing the same limits.

I could just be on an upswing but the players are definately more fishy. I suspect it's a mixture of both.

What would you advise? Stay with PS or stick to the orginal whore plan?

Any comments are welcome, in particular, how hard the bonuses are to clear at the different poker rooms and how much harder the competitions gets at the medium limits at Pokerstars. Thanks :)
  • 9 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Feel free to move over entirely if you like it a lot.
      From what I hear and keep hearing Full Tilt is the hardest poker room to play at.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      STAY AWAY FROM FTP...
      oh i had my up and downs downs downs downs downs downs downs downs downs downs downs downs downs downs at FTP.. and it was great X(
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Hush, there aren't so many downs you can have had in 5 days :)
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Did i mention down?

days tend to be longer when you don't sleep much. :D
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      I'm at full tilt, have 24k hands so far, and not making any progress..sticking strickly to SSS, there is a lot of suckouts, and there aren't many fishy players. Well there are, but I'm in gmt+1, and it is like 3 a.m. at my place when donks start playing. If it weren't for the rakeback, I'd be broke already. But imo, if you are a good player you can make progress at every pokerroom, i'm just not one :D
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Hmmm i'm still undecided. Maybe I'll carry on with the orginal plan, I can always switch back to stars if I don't like it elsewhere. Just starting to feel very comfortable there, and the tournament rake is a standard 10% acroos the board and even less at the higher limits.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      oh manni dont be silly... i believe ur a much better player than me, you can definitely make some money in FTP (or anywhere).
      although the experience is what i can call grinding grinding grinding... (but isnt it like that everywhere?)
      since i started in march, able to boost BR 100%. stuck there though swinging a little up and down, up and down... but shouldnt complain too much, since im not even a month in the site. we'll see.. i hope i wont be stuck there forever.
      i figure, IF for example i will be a break even player, the bonus should slowly trickle in, making me + at least =)

pls do share your whoring experience if it works out.

quick question: if i already have an account with pokerstars (playmoney) but never deposited, will i still get 1st deposit bonus if i put real money in the site? (disadvantage is, i already know from other people's posts that pokerstars will not allow me track my points anymore to pstrategy even if it was a playmoney account i tried many years ago as a child :D ). btw although pstars has the most efficient software, fulltilt is actually pretty good as well.
    • Lemonize
      Lemonize
      Bronze
      Have you tried out Titan yet?
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      oh manni dont be silly... i believe ur a much better player than me, you can definitely make some money in FTP (or anywhere).
      although the experience is what i can call grinding grinding grinding... (but isnt it like that everywhere?)
      since i started in march, able to boost BR 100%. stuck there though swinging a little up and down, up and down... but shouldnt complain too much, since im not even a month in the site. we'll see.. i hope i wont be stuck there forever.
      i figure, IF for example i will be a break even player, the bonus should slowly trickle in, making me + at least =)

pls do share your whoring experience if it works out.

quick question: if i already have an account with pokerstars (playmoney) but never deposited, will i still get 1st deposit bonus if i put real money in the site? (disadvantage is, i already know from other people's posts that pokerstars will not allow me track my points anymore to pstrategy even if it was a playmoney account i tried many years ago as a child :D ). btw although pstars has the most efficient software, fulltilt is actually pretty good as well.
      Yes it's a grind! This was the whole point in the bonus plan, to get a bit extra on top of the grind :P I think I'm more just in complete shock at the difference between Full Tilt and Stars and don't want my apparent upswing to end :)
      I agree with the Full Tilt comments. Something about it just seems to attract tight players. Granted, a good number are tight weak but I'd prefer loose weak anyday ;)

@Lemonize: Haven't played @ Titan other than the PS Freerolls, i hear it's pretty fishy there too though.

Still welcoming any info about how easy/quickly people have been clearing bonuses at the different sites :)