RMB's Poker Blog :D

• RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      I've been doing great the past weeks by winning SnG's and ring games.. but this week? my BR went down from 120$ to 40$...

It's like everytime i get AK,KK,QQ or a just a good hand..
      There a flush draw, straight draw and everything about it going against my hand .. and mostly when i have an ace it never shows up on the board!?

but if this keeps on, im gonna go bankrupt..

at FTP, I let my friend play it and he was kinda drunk.. >.> instead of playing play money he pretty much used up all my Real money.. Just my luck..

Anyways im looking for advice and i'll be updating the changes in my BR! im back at the NL10's again.. Just hate it here...
  • 39 replies
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      sad to hear, keep improving your game by reading artciles, posting hands and visiting coachings... It will improve your playing. And don't let ur friend play on your account when he's drunk :D It's a major leak in your game :)
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Well I'm just updating here for no reason at all.

I just found out 2 days ago that my BR was down at 10$ this morning.. Tried an expensive tournament and didn't get in for the money was close enough though.

So i decided to play strictly again. so today i changed my 10$
      into 42$ again.. and this time i ain't gonna go up a level yet and i'm playing NL.10 cash game. and doing quite good. I don't think pokertracker or any other software works for the software that i am using.

Anyways my goals for this week: Deadline april 27.

-Get my BR to 150$
      -Attend coachings
      -Save enough money so i can buy a book

and God knows whats next.

Well thats it. ^^
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      I don't really mind that people ain't responding,

Just wanted to say that i just won a 200$ tournament.. probably not much for you guys but still its a win isn't ^^
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Well done - much more than I have EVER won in torneys
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Congratz on your tournamentwin RMB, keep us informed. How are the cashgames going?
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      wtg on ur tourny win :) its a lot to me lol, most I ever won is $70 for comin 5th in an mtt, keep up the good work!
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zeffke
      Congratz on your tournamentwin RMB, keep us informed. How are the cashgames going?
      well i guess good. but one thing I find crazy. It's that when i buy in myself with 2$ at a NL.10 table.. and when i am about to leave with 20$ i always get a strong hand like fullhouse or pocket aces and trips and end up losing a huge pot. probably happens to me everytime.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by RMB
      well i guess good. but one thing I find crazy. It's that when i buy in myself with 2$ at a NL.10 table.. and when i am about to leave with 20$ i always get a strong hand like fullhouse or pocket aces and trips and end up losing a huge pot. probably happens to me everytime.
      I think is quite crazy that you enter table with 2$ and leave with 20$. Thats more than 3 double ups which is a lot. I have two questions: Why you start only with 2$ if you don't leave table when you double up(which is how you do if you play SSS). And if you like to play BSS why you don't start with 10$ at start?
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      Originally posted by RMB
      I think is quite crazy that you enter table with 2$ and leave with 20$. Thats more than 3 double ups which is a lot. I have two questions: Why you start only with 2$ if you don't leave table when you double up(which is how you do if you play SSS). And if you like to play BSS why you don't start with 10$ at start?
      because i find it rather easy sometimes to build myself up to a Big stack.
    • katrinvel
      katrinvel
      Bronze
      i think you should stick sss or bss not think your own strategy.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      only thing im doing is building SSS to BSS.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      But man if you are so got at getting money SSS playing BSS and gain it aswell my advise is start with big stack at table since making 10$ or 2$(in NL0,05/0,10) is big difference.

But ofcourse you know what you are doing right;)
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      sure do hope so,

the thing i dont like with big stack is that when you got a strong hand and and you get raised like hell and they catch the river or something. i hate that and it happens to me often
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by RMB
      sure do hope so,

the thing i dont like with big stack is that when you got a strong hand and and you get raised like hell and they catch the river or something. i hate that and it happens to me often
      I play BSS and know what you mean :D But for me i know i remember more losing hands than winning hands which is a damn problem :D So sometimes i have feelings i have only suck outs and is not actually totally true.

I was shocked that even winning players have stats win at showdown a bit above 50% Like 52-54%. Damn thats damn low. I can't wait to see my stats.
    • caber1
      caber1
      Bronze
      Losing a big stack in poker doesn't hurt as much if you're banrolled properly.
      You win some, you lose some. If you win more than you lose you move up and if you lose more than you win you drop down and study harder.
      The theory is quite simple.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caber1
      Losing a big stack in poker doesn't hurt as much if you're banrolled properly.
      You win some, you lose some. If you win more than you lose you move up and if you lose more than you win you drop down and study harder.
      The theory is quite simple.
      its not a theory its a fact.
      small or big stack it still hurts the bankroll,
    • dirtyibis
      dirtyibis
      Bronze
      RMB, youre contradicting yourself with your SSS to BSS strategy. You say you find it easy to build up. This means youre probably playing SSS just fine. But you say that you like to do this because you dont like starting with a big stack because then you get into big pots and lose. This means you haven't got your BSS strategy down pat. You should leave the table as SS when your stack builds. People are advising you it's one or the other, and I agree. Your lack of discipline could be the one error that holds you back. This rookie error could cost you and you should think about what others are suggesting. And slikec, 54% won at showdown is not bad, and many winning players are tipping around this mark. You should never be proud of a high won at showdown, ever. If you don't know why, you have more homework to do
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by dirtyibis
      And slikec, 54% won at showdown is not bad, and many winning players are tipping around this mark. You should never be proud of a high won at showdown, ever. If you don't know why, you have more homework to do
      Obviously and i know i am not pro lol. I play only 3 months now. I readed all articles i could here and i didn't notest anyone related to win at showdown. Why is so low? I play FR so i don't play so lose and those players in SH. I don't know my win at showdown but i think is around 60%. I play BSS so i don't go all in often preflop and i don't play crazy post flop most of the time. If you know any good article related with win at showdown(why most good players have it just above 50%) i would more than gladly readed.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      dirty maybe your right, but i don't know if i should just stop playing cash games and play purely on tournaments..

I won in a freeroll at UB so i can move on to another freeroll which is today and i won 3rd place in another 200$ tournament today..

regret going all in with pocket 5's, -.-