Hero: $47.15
      MP2: $50
      MP3: $30.35
      CO: $68.25
      Button: $85.45
      SB: $8.75
      BB: $92.85

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP1 with K : K :
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.5, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $5, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: ($10.75) Q : A : A : (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($10.75) K : (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $10, Hero calls.

River: ($30.75) J : (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $10, Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: $50.75

When i saw the flop i really did not know what to think or do which is why i did not do a c-bet.. there are many hands that beats me, any A, AK, AQ.

How would you guys play this hand???
  • 6 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'd probably bet/fold flop and from there on in, get it in on the turn.
      As played, I'd probably have minraised or pushed the river, depends on how I've been playing earlier at the table and how my view of the opponent is. If he had AJ+, sucks, but yea ...

Edit : if I'm sure the guy will bet any turn, I might also checkbehind as you did and call down, even if I don't hit a set.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would always make contibet here 100% of the time, because villain would lay down his hand a lot of times.
      If you check, you´re telling him that you don´t have A and villain might take shot on the pot with weaker hands.
      Since you hit your two outer on the turn then I would probably call turn and shove river. You´re beaten by AK, AQ, AJ, AA. AA and AK are unlikely and if he happens to have AQ or AJ, then I´m fine with that. But he would also call my shove with QQ, JJ, Tx- then I would rather prefer shoving than calling.
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Exactly what i was thinking of doing Kaitz... i was going to push on the turn but in the last min i decided to call him down..
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      cbetting behind smells very leaky on this board. it hits villain's 3bet-calling range very very hard, and you obviously have to fold to a c/r. you will hence make all worse hands fold.

what are you protecting against? it's a WA/WB situation and no turn card could really scare you (except maybe a J, and that's just unlucky if villain hits his 2 outs).

so i think a check behind/calldown unimproved in this sort of situation is the best play with the added benefit that you induce bluffs from the villain..

as it rolled out we did improve. i think i'd call the turn and shove the river.
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      result was Villan had J-10..

I thought it would be best in this situation to call down insted of pushing..

Maybe wrong play?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      it's not really bad, no. any ace hand villain could have has you crushed.

the hint i think is the riverbet. i don't think he bets so low with something close to the absolute nuts.