Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2.23
      Hero:
      $3.03

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.08, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) K:spade: , Q:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.33, Hero calls $0.33.

River: ($1.13) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54.

Final Pot: $2.21

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows two-pair, aces and kings (As Kd)
      Hero shows (Ad Qh)

MP1 wins with two-pair, aces and kings (As Kd)

I don't know whether one should just assume the worst and think he has AK or a set. I was doing some equity calcs and even then i was still getting the right odds to call all the way down to the showdown. Tightening up his range, although i only get 60/40 on the turn i can still call his half pot value bet on the river. Is my reasoning right, was folding on the flop the correct play or if i have a gut feeling he's got AK/set i should just fold?
  • 4 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey man,

at first sight - he seems pretty nitty so I don't like your call at all. He will not cbet this board with JJ/TT or AJ like EVER.

Only time is when he has Asx but if he's opening something like AJ+ he beats you anyway ...

So for me it's clear fold on flop :)

I don't think players at these are capable of bluffing these flops with weaker hands :) He goes just for value ...

Cya
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

Against that opponent it is a very easy fold on the flop, even I'd fold here if he was looser
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i think your best hope here is that he has A j with a spade which still has pretty good equity on the flop, it may sound tight but i would just fold pre vs this guy his range seems so strong, the times he has pps he just check folding to overs so you get no value there, hope this makes sense :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fractalsonfire,

Preflop: Calling with AQo and having so many opponents behind you is pretty bad. Strongly advice not to do that! You often put yourself into marginal spots, which even happened postflop being in HU pot.

As played
      Postflop: Standard fold on the flop, you don't even have any FD or anything in your hand. Our equity is pretty bad vs his CBetting range which opened from MP1.

Best Regards.