Anyone else get bored?

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Not bored of poker but bored of the games they are playing? I currently play 40man $1 SnG's and find theres no way to improve my game anymore at this level but I continue to play because I know I can crush these games easily..

At what point does it become more about enjoyment than money? When do you decide that you've had enough of crushing a level and want to take the time and effort in moving up a level?
  • 11 replies
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KozakFB
      When do you decide that you've had enough of crushing a level and want to take the time and effort in moving up a level?
      As soon as BRM let's me?
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      BRM isn't always right though. edit: but it is always right for how much you should have to play a level.

Look at someone like nanonoko. He is rolled for high stakes cash games but he primarily plays games like 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, 5/10.

Just because you can move up doesn't mean you have to right?

I feel like I'm stuck. I'm probably too scared to move up or something?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      BRM isn't always right though. edit: but it is always right for how much you should have to play a level.

Look at someone like nanonoko. He is rolled for high stakes cash games but he primarily plays games like 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, 5/10.

Obviously not. If you crush midstakes for 200$/h and your happy with that then there really isnt any reason to move up, just stay their and grind out the money.

Thats pretty much the goal of every reg. To crush a limit where you can make enough money to make a living and just cash out a ton of $$$ every month.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      The point is to get to a level where you can make enough money for yourself - if you're aim is to be a professional poker player - although everybody has their own definition of "enough money". Getting that money doesn't always means that you have to play on the highest limits you possibly can, it's about maximizing profit . Like nanonoko, he's playing 24 tables comfortably and probably getting more money from rakeback than he'd get by winnings on higher limits, playing less tables.

Since I suspect you can't make enough money by grinding the 1$ buyin 40mans to make a living, I don't see any point in not moving up - except of course if you don't have the necessary roll to do that.

no way to improve my game anymore
      It's really not a smart thing to think.

I know I can crush these games easily..
      If that's true, than I'm sure you'll be successful on the next limit as well, so why not make more money?

One more thing. If you doesn't really care about moving up in limits, than you probably got bored of the game you're playing and if that's the case I think you should try other poker formats/variants.

Good luck!
    • eixip60
      eixip60
      Bronze
      One of the important things with Poker is MIndset, if your feeling bored it is a sign of tilt, this does not mean you spew your BR. A good book to read is Poker Mindset, also taking a break helps.

As regarding moving up limits if your playing 4/6 + tables change 25% 50% of your tables to next level. This will give you a chance to test the next level and should not affect BR as long as your winning at current level.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the posts guys. Really made me think about it in a different way now.

I'm going to try dabble in the next level..

When I said there was no way to improve my game anymore, I meant at that level and that particular game. Sorry if that was confusing.

I truly believe I can't improve at that game anymore. I've had a 48% ROI for the past 90 days which is completely sustainable at these games.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47

Obviously not. If you crush midstakes for 200$/h and your happy with that then there really isnt any reason to move up, just stay their and grind out the money.

Thats pretty much the goal of every reg. To crush a limit where you can make enough money to make a living and just cash out a ton of $$$ every month.
      probably more correct to assume that the reason he doesn't move up is not because he is happy there and doesn't want to move up, but his $/hour is better when he multitables the shit out of these limits rather than having to move up and get less traffic + play with better players.

It's all about $/hour if you're a pro. You should of course always improve still because your opponents will improve, and you should also look to take shots at higher levels so that eventually you're ready to move up and add more $$ to your hourly.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      im very new to poker, only got interested in it last September when i realised how many of my mates played it. The last two months i've started looking at the strategy behind it all. With me, i tend to have enough time in an evening to play maybe 100 hands. I know for most regular players who multitable thats probably about five minutes worth of work. Any tips for not getting bored of just sitting at one table and getting distracted by the internet?
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      If you're bored playing one table, just play two or four. That's exactly why regs multitable coz online poker gets boring really fast without playing enough tables to keep you busy
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      You are playing $1 sngs. Of course you can still improve your game. The thing is that in order to beat $1 sngs, you dont need to. In fact having a fully operating brain is enough to beat these games.

Move up, make money, have a nice life, post pics of hot women and we will be friends. ;)
    • fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Nope, if i ever get bored i just add an extra table. Adds to the excitement =P