This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2- A8 blind defence

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

the plan was to attack certain flops against a cbet (he was stealing a lot- I also consedered active blind defence). Without a hit I would have folded on this flop. I thought he might bluff the river on this board after my check on turn.

Thanks!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5,52
      Hero:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 8:spade:
      7 folds, SB raises to $0,06, Hero calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,12) T:club: , 9:heart: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,08, Hero calls $0,08.

Turn: ($0,28) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,28) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,16, Hero calls $0,16. ???

Final Pot: $0,60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (Kd 3d)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and eights (Ac 8s)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and eights (Ac 8s)
  • 3 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey man,

I'd 3bet pre ... I guess there is much more value :)

as played ... ugh

I'm not sure I'm calling this flop :) There is just like no turn that helps us :)

but ye you get lucky and on the river it's easy call ... he will always bet turn with Q :)

cya
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

sometimes I defend my blinds passively, sometimes with a 3bet. It depends on the opponent, but even against the same opponent I mix it up not to get predictable......They usually fold when I attack suitable flops with a raise or c/r.

I called the flop, because he could be just cbetting with air. There was no value in raising that flop but didn´t want to just fold either. (I wasn´t calling a normal sized bet on the turn though, even if the turn was a 2)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

If you think he is going for easy give-up on the turn then sure, floating the flop is fine. Although the problem is that you may face a lot of cards which you don't like. :) Like any draw which complete something, any overcard. So practically almost the whole deck. :D Unless it's an ace or 2-5.

But overall not much to say about the play, seems like nice hand!

Best Regards.