This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $6.11
      CO:
      $5.92
      BU:
      $3.71
      SB (Hero):
      $4.00
      BB:
      $7.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, BU calls $0.28.

Flop: ($0.84) 2, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.72, BU calls $0.72.

Turn: ($2.28) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BU raises to $2.59(All-In), Hero calls $1.39.

River: ($7.46) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.46.

How do we react here on the turn ?Because once we bet it it's pretty clear we're going broke,is this standard or overplayed?
      Villain 21/16 wtsd 33% 68hands
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

If you are going to overplay this way your overpair here then I don't like your 3bet at all. Why not just flat and play it postflop?

He will rarely come up with a lot worse on the turn which ships like that. Just overcards but can he even overplay this way his overcards? :D

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      I did not flat call,because i`m not going to let the guy steal every hand from BU... if i flat call i`ll rarely hit and most likely see overcard on the flop in witch case just c/f is pretty much the way you can go,if you don't like to continue to play your mediocre pair oop... so as played... flop cbet is standard i guess,what to do on the turn?Or if you 3beted and he called how would you play it from there?on flop

P.S. Flat calling is the way i usually play it... but in this case i decided to 3bet... or you think you should never 3bet 99,in blind vs bu ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, what do you think how you gonna save more money? :) As you see you most likely lost here money. Unless he is really that bad to go broke with just A high with overcards there.