[NL2-NL10] NL4 99 FR 3bet pot

• JohnDoe1313
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , 9:club:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0,12, CO folds, BU calls $0,12, Hero raises to $0,48, BB folds, MP3 calls $0,36, BU folds.

Flop: ($1,12) K:diamond: , T:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ?

Should I bet/fold here? Or simply push since my stack is bit above pot? I was thinking also about check/call to let MP bluff with worse. Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Jimanyjerk
      I tend to play timidly in this situation because the continuation bet either commits me or shoves but C/F seems so weak. I don't like check/call in this scenario because any reasonable bet is going to leave us pretty committed. a half pot bet of .56 takes your 1.28 stack on the flop to .72, and makes the pot 2.24. That's not terrible if your sure he's pushing worse hands frequently but any 10 and any K beats us and the board is kind of dangerous. just calling doesn't force any 10's to fold (which Cbetting might.)

I know in practice I would C/F because I'm weak tight :f_biggrin: I could imagine that Cbetting all in might be a good play. Your 3 bet preflop and then shove on the flop might scare a lot of players into believing you have aces or AK or something strong and force them to fold their AT. I can't wait for the judges to clarify this one!

Good luck JohnDoe, I hope you don't get stuck in those situations too often!

• Gerv
      Hey John,

You have to plan your hand here as you can see :) If you just squeeze a little bit more preflop, you can perfectly shove under potsized

I am sure this is not the first time you came accross this advice so just take your time preflop and calculate what the pot is going to be & what your remaining stack is postflop

Now I would just shove because betting small nor c/f makes sense EVwise ;)

Best regards,