Pot Limit

• deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Can someone please explain this to me? Someone has before but it must have gone in one stupid ear and out the other. Just watched a little $2/$4 PLO and someone raised $14 from the button. If there's only $6 in the pot...
  • 3 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I'm not a PL Player but hopefully this little article I found will explain :)

"The maximum amount a player can raise is the amount in the pot after the call is made. Therefore, if a pot is $100, and someone makes a $50 bet, the next player can call $50 and raise the pot $200, for a total wager of $250."
    • mancikaa
      mancikaa
      Bronze
      If the pot is 100, and someone bets 50 into it, than you can pot it again. This means: 3x the original raise plus what is in the pot already. So: 3x50+100. It will be than 250.

Also described: the chips which is already in the pot called active pot, plus all other money on the table, plus the minimum bet what the raiser has to call.

In pot-limit Omaha, many structures treat the little blind as if it were the same size of the big blind in computing pot size. In such a structure, a player can open for a maximum of four times the size of the big blind. For example, if the blinds are $5 and $10, a player may open with a raise to $40. (The range of options is to either open with a call of $10, or raise in increments of five dollars to any amount from $20 to $40.

So there are slight differences in calculating the pot, but the basic method is 3x the original bet plus whats in the pot already.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      whew thanks a lot for the assist sir and ma'am :) :heart:

deezer does that clear it up?

smiles everyone,
      wendy