This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Pot Limit

• deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      Can someone please explain this to me? Someone has before but it must have gone in one stupid ear and out the other. Just watched a little $2/$4 PLO and someone raised $14 from the button. If there's only $6 in the pot...
  • 3 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I'm not a PL Player but hopefully this little article I found will explain :)

"The maximum amount a player can raise is the amount in the pot after the call is made. Therefore, if a pot is $100, and someone makes a $50 bet, the next player can call $50 and raise the pot $200, for a total wager of $250."
    • mancikaa
      mancikaa
      Bronze
      If the pot is 100, and someone bets 50 into it, than you can pot it again. This means: 3x the original raise plus what is in the pot already. So: 3x50+100. It will be than 250.

Also described: the chips which is already in the pot called active pot, plus all other money on the table, plus the minimum bet what the raiser has to call.

In pot-limit Omaha, many structures treat the little blind as if it were the same size of the big blind in computing pot size. In such a structure, a player can open for a maximum of four times the size of the big blind. For example, if the blinds are $5 and $10, a player may open with a raise to $40. (The range of options is to either open with a call of $10, or raise in increments of five dollars to any amount from $20 to $40.

So there are slight differences in calculating the pot, but the basic method is 3x the original bet plus whats in the pot already.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      whew thanks a lot for the assist sir and ma'am :) :heart:

deezer does that clear it up?

smiles everyone,
      wendy