This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AK vs resteal

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($24.52)
      BB ($9.70)
      UTG ($31.17)
      CO ($29.56)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, SB raises to $1.90, fold, Hero calls $1.30

FLOP ($4) 6:diamond: T:spade: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4) 6:diamond: T:spade: 6:heart: 4:diamond:

SB bets $2.90, Hero calls $2.90

RIVER ($9.80) 6:diamond: T:spade: 6:heart: 4:diamond: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

24/17/6 86 hands

I guess I should just 4bet/push vs SB. Weaker hands will not call, but I am not deep, so I will get a flip or imediate profit, or even PPs will fold if those 3bet, because I don't have stats whats his fold to 4bet, how light does he stack off.

As played:
      on flop he checks on such dry board, my thinking - its a trap - he wants that I would bluff in position, so I don't bluff. Or he just thinks I will not fold anyway on such dry flop so does not cbet. Don't know how to interpret this.

Now, as I showd weakness on flop, he might think that I don't have a hand and make delayed cbet with the trash with which he made 3bet preflop, so I call.

I don't try to bluff river, because its either a trash, or ma made hand which will not fold. Unless a small PP, but small PPs should be not that often maybe.

Edit:
      but on the other hand - why should I 4bet and turn my hand into a bluff practically. At first I should 4bet with trash and create an image that I can 4bet lightly, and only then 4bet/push with AK. And AK hasmuch value against his worce aces, so calling 3bet now I think is better.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

people usually 4-bet/call AK that spot, since then they can easily 4-bet bluff with wide range and they don´afraid calling shoves. You can also mix it up calling pf, but I´d prefer mostly 4-betting against aggressive players, since they might easily call oop with worse hands and I take back initiative. if you call ip with AK you likely have to make moves anyway postlfop to show there profit.

Bets regards,