Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $10.71
      BB: $10.41
      UTG: $3.15
      CO: $10.94
      BTN: $13.75

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:heart: 3:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80, 2 players) J:heart: 7:spade: 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($1.80, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($1.80, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets $9.81 and is all-in, fold

i mean shoving can be a good thing?
      or just bet like 50c to make sure he calls my nuts?
  • 5 replies
    • Jimanyjerk
      You seem to have a full stack in this scenario, did you triple up to get there?

I think it depends on how likely he is to call the all in versus the smaller bet. If you think he will call your 100 bb raise 10% of the time and he will call the 5bb raise 100% of the time, the all in shove is there better play because if he calls you win 100bb instead of 5bb. if you played this exact way 10 times, he'd fold to your shove 9 times, and then call once giving you 100bb. If he called 5bb everytime you'd have 50 bb. So assuming your opponent has a small chance of calling the massive all-in, it usually shows a better profit.

If your opponent is never dumb/curious/brave enough to call a 100 bb shove, then selling the pot for 5bb will obviously play better.

My best guess for his hand would be two high unpaired cards, if that were true then him calling an all in with ace high when an obvious flush card showed would be pretty unlikely.

Personally, I like shoving with the nuts. It's fun and if they ever do call you usually get a good win from it. I don't think this check 2 streets then shove was likely to get called but in certain situations the play is good!

Goodluck, I hope you get the nuts, shove, and get called 20%+ of the time in the future!

• sebralane
      ohh s***
      move to big stack forum pls :P
    • Gerv
      Originally posted by sebralane
      ohh s***
      move to big stack forum pls :P
      Np I can still judge it for you;

I don't like calling preflop because you are going to be playing a big pot out of position with a hand that cannot flop good toppairs.

When the Flop is Axx and he keeps betting on the Flop,Turn & River, you are most likely way behind here

As played I will lead the Turn and valuebet the River, shoving means he only calls you with another flush but that specific hand would already have been betting the Flop

Best regards,
    • purplefizz
      hey guys,

moved it to the right forum :)

• veriz
      Hello sebralane,

Preflop: Calling OOP with such hands as A3s or whatsoever Ax hands which are really horrible postflop is the worst. Your Ax is way too often dominated and at the same time you are OOP which ain't gonna turn the play very profitable for you. Just fold it.

As played
      Flop: What's your plan here if he even CBs? How do you plan the hand play profitable if you calling preflop the 3bet?

As played
      Turn: There is no other way to play the hand than Bet yourself here after him Checking the flop and showing weakness with his Check. Easy Bet.

As played
      River: Rather make a standard CB, if he has any kind of flush himself then most likely he will pay you. Of course it ain't like a huge mistake to ship it but I just can't see what kind of hand Calls you. If he had any kind of made hand then it would already bet earlier.

Best Regards.