[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH: K high flush

• kesgab
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10/$0.20 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

BB ($20.10) (Hero)
      MP2 ($20.37)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , 7:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.20, 4 folds, Hero checks,

Flop: 6:heart: , 9:heart: , 4:spade: ( $0.5 )
      Hero bets $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40,

Turn: J:heart: ( $1.3 )
      Hero bets $0.70, MP2 raises to 2.2, Hero calls $1.50,

River: 7:club: ( $5.7 )
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20,

Final Pot: $11.50

MP2 was unknown. He limped from UTG. I checked in the big blind with K7s. Two hearts hit the flop so i chose to bet out with my flush draw, he called. On the turn i hit my flush so a i bet, he reraised me.
      I had the 2nd nuts and i had to decide if i want to 4bet. We had about 18 dollars left (more than 4 stack-to-pot ratio) and i was not sure if i can call an allin if i 4bet him. His line indicated that he can have the Ace high flush so i chose not to risk and checked/called it down.
      Was it too weak? What do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • chenny8888
      i think unless he's a total nit/passive player, you have the best hand here. you get value from so many hands, incl 3oak, 2pairs, maybe even top pair top kicker, or worse hands that put you on a draw.

the line i would take is 3bet the turn and shove the river.
    • SonicXT
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      the line i would take is 3bet the turn and shove the river.
      Either that, or call turn and check/raise/call river.
      Sometimes you get better value this way.
    • kesgab
      Thank you guys for the replies!

I often have this problem when i try to find out what cards the opponent can have that i first always think what can beat me and then i can't really find out what else is in his range.
      Recently i try to focus on think always in hand ranges not in specific hands, but i haven't improve a lot so far.
      I am wondering if you have any advice on this. How did you develop this skill? Any method, technique or way of thinking that you found useful?

• whipflip15
      Must 3bet turn. And make turn bet bigger. There are too many river cards which will halt the action and some hands won't pay you off.
    • srohack
      3 bet/call the turn in order you can make a biger river bet . sometimes he would shove too and you can get in the money on the turn . by calling and going for a c/r on river you give him the option to check behind with lower flushes tptk etc ...
    • Kaitz20
      Here is one of these spots where I would get stacked with second nuts on the turn. There are just too many sets, lower flushes, two pair hands that you´ll beat and you´ll loose too much value if you bet/call turn, c/c river.
      I would 3bet/call push (or push) on turn and make 2/3 potsize bet on the river.
    • DoigteurFou
      As said, you need to protect against a lot of cards here. Moreover vilain is reraising you, he would call a 3-bet.
      The cards you don't want to see:
      4, 6, 9, 7 + any heart. Which is 2+2+3+3+7 = 17 "outs" (around 35% i would say)
      You have to reraise the turn here, as much as possible. There is only he Ace-high flush which beats you here.