Just a couple of questions....

• Kyle8624
      Kyle8624
      Basic
      I just registered with this site yesterday, read the beginner articles, passed the quiz, and got the notice for a need of confirmation today in order to claim the free $50. However, my situation is a bit messed up at the moment, and I need to change the address on my ID card. How long do I have to claim the $50, or is there no time limit?

Also, as someone who's completely new at poker, what tools do you guys recommend in order to improve, other than the articles on this site? I've started to play with play money on party poker, and I've been applying the things learned from the starter articles (first 4 or so articles excluding the bronze ones) to my game. So far, it's actually been quite fun and seems like something I'd like to get into, but I feel a bit overwhelmed at the amount of things I can and must learn to improve.
  • 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi there Kyle,

Welcome to the community!

Hope you enjoy all the material as well as the friendliness of our members and staff :)

You're free $50 doesn't have a time-limit so feel free to give yourself some time to get your ID in order. You can write a ticket to our customer support and explain your situation and they will look after you no problem.

The best place to start your learning experience is with our articles :) I always feel more comfortable by learning by reading (although this is just a personal preference).

You are right in saying there is a lot to digest, especially if you are new to Poker altogether. Why not take some time to read through them carefully, taking notes and pointers on things you are not sure of before moving onto the next one.

After the articles, I believe our video section is the next best place to go :) We have a huge library of video content for all game types. You should definitely take a look here. We even have over 270 videos available to you as a basic member!

Depending on your game type we also have hand evaluation forums where you can post hands that you are unsure of (if you played it correctly) and our esteemed hand judges will point you in the right direction.

There are lots of ways to improve yourself as a player and we try to cover all angles here at PokerStrategy.

If NL Holdem Cash is your favoured game type, you may also be interested to know we are running a Beginners Course (link is in my signature below). This would be an ideal place for you to start learning the correct ways to approach and play the game.

I trust you will enjoy your time here and if you ever need any help, don't hesitate to ask :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      For your ID Confirmation i'd suggest you open a Ticket to speak with one of the Support Team: Here

First, sign up for the BSS School Here
      It will teach you the very basic strategy of the game & hopefully turn you into that Pro you want to be ;)
      It helped me improve my game from a constant losinging player, to a winner! Hopefully it'l do the same for you.

You can also use some of the Tools PS offer such as "Elephant" once you get over its awesome name of course :P
      It will keep track of all your hands so that you can review your sessions, see where you're losing $$ and where you need to improve.
      Elephant will also allow you to copy any hands you would like a PS Coach to review, by posting them in the relevant Hand Evaluation forum.

Alot to take it, but you asked for it! :P

If you need greater detail just post and someone will help you out :]
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome to our community ! :)

Click here and help us process your account quicker!

Ingrid

ps. you boys are amazing! thanks so much for helping out here! :heart: