NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4.95)
      BB ($6.30)
      UTG ($4.54)
      UTG+1 ($5.68)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($7.34)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:club:

UTG raises to $0.18, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.59, fold, UTG calls $0.41

FLOP ($1.23) Q:heart: A:heart: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $0.86, UTG raises to $3.81, Hero raises to $4.36 (AI), UTG calls $0.14 (AI)

65/35/4 115hands - maniak

note - he calls A4 and 84xs, mRR/shove with 50bb, he bet small weakhands

Frist qestion is calling or 3b pre flop is better?
      If i 3b and miss this is very hard bluff vs this opponets
      If i call and miss i can c/f easy becouse even if he bluff high% i win big pot if i hit becsoue he potted all flops.

F: here this is hard for me becosue i need only 33% for be break even play, but my read and instinct tell me i am beat here often. What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • harvbucks
      I think it's okay to 3 bet as you want him isolated, if you don't feel you can bluff if you miss then don't, your investment is small at that point anyways. You can fold easily if you miss either way, best way to play a guy like this is isolate and value bet your big hands.
    • BogdanDr
      First your play was good! As you said he is a maniac, and if he is aggresive you defenetly have to call here against his range (he can have almost everything here).

1. The 3bet is good, he open-raises a wide range and you don't always want to play A,K against that. By 3betting you leave in all his Ax, Kx, (as he is a big fish) that you dominate (and that he will play for stack if he hits top pair).

2. You don't always have to bluff if you miss. If he hardly folds pick good boards, where he is highly likely to have missed also, if you want to bluff and you can also fire a second barrel. But against very loose fish you should play tight if you don't hit.

3. If he pots all flops, doesn't necessary mean that he will invest more than that.
    • veriz
      Hello deivid2,

Long time no see. :D Had a break from poker?

With your reads and stats I wouldn't play it any differently. 3bet for value and most likely play for the stacks. He definitely has also worse Ax hands in his raising range. Nice hand!

Best Regards.