Poker

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Do you think that multi`tabling can have a negative effect on our brain?Like having worst short time memory... we most likely remember the big losses and tight spots where we lose a lot,we review those hands and try to see if we played them the right way... anyway we remember them clearly;but sometimes when i see a big stack at one of the tables like 200BB+ i have no clue how i won it,even if i played that hand at that table like 3-10hands before.
      What do you think?Does multi-tabling have a negative effect on players short`time memory?
  • 8 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well, I'm far from being any sort of expert on this, but I think short term memory is supposed to be discarded after a few seconds only, hence 'short term.' This would account for you not being able to remember your [recently] played hands.
      So not being able to remember the hands is just short term memory doing it's job. :)
      I could again be wrong here but I also think you may be confusing 'short term memory' with 'working memory', which aren't the same things.

Not remembering this too well am I, however, anyone capable feel free to give a more profound reply.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I don't think it has any eff..... Wait, what was I saying?

:coolface:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Yeh yeh wriggers, I should have maybe expected that! :D

Anyway guys, I've moved this to Self Study and Management Forum, which seems more appropriate.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Yeh yeh wriggers, I should have maybe expected that! :D

Anyway guys, I've moved this to Self Study and Management Forum, which seems more appropriate.

Regards,

Mal.
      Had to be done :D :f_biggrin:
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      "but sometimes when i see a big stack at one of the tables like 200BB+ i have no clue how i won it,even if i played that hand at that table like 3-10hands before. "

P.S.
      I`m wining player over 200.000 hands,so i`m not just a robot pressing buttons ^^ i think about the hands i play but sometime just a few hands later i can't remember what was that last hand about o.O

I would love to get any sort of opinions on this ;)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      imo memory can be trained like a muscle. the more you practice, the better at it you're going to get, and the more you will remember. :D
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      and i think that by multi`tabling playing poker you actually train your mind to forget information quickly in order to obtain a fast processing.Does any of that make sense?Medic?!
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      No one can say it has a negative effect on the brain,that requires a lot of scientific research and study over several years.

You may be playing too many tables and should cut down on the number.But if it doesn't affect your winrate,why do you even care?Also if you forget how you stacked someone a hand ago,you may not be paying enough attention or focus on what's happening.

The forgetting can be,and i think it really is,a mechanism developed by the brain to cope with the amount of information it receives.If you wouldn't forget all those things,you would probably pass out/have a migraine/forget things much more important (like forgetting to breathe :D ).

No one can remember every hand,even if you could,you can't see all the tables at once anyway.That's why we have HUD's.