sit and go

• moroa
      moroa
      Basic
      hi, I'm playing a 1-table SIT & GO Fifty50, WHEN HALF OF THE TABLE GET PAID.., and for 100 chips that's you got in the end of the tourney you receive some cash.

so just wandering how do you people play with these card before the flop, AA,KK,DD?
      DO YOU GO ALL IN OR TRY TO SEE THE FLOP AND THEN DECIDE?

cause many times happens when i got all in the Bubble play, not to mention at the very start - and then lost to some Maniac with a 3 of a kind, or better.., (straight) that's just cause you can win win win.. and then with these Maniacs bets to loose 60% of what you earn or even to loose all of it.., it just makes me crazy..

please note that i can't afford more then 100$ per a month, so i really think you need some luck
      at the starting point of your "carrier" to make some 100-200% profit..

what your thought guys on how to play in general with these kind of cards?..

and yeah.. I'm playing on (3.5$ buy in)

really want to know what is your thoughts.. ( Only the Clever Ones) :)
  • 10 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Silver
      i used to play SnGs but i didnt play much 50/50 so if anyone would like to correct me please do, but in the early stages if yu can get AA,KK in pre flop you ll give yourself a great chance to get ITM, if yu do see a flop ever yes an overpair is a strong hand but dont be afraid to fold them against a really ugly board.

However, if yu have a nice stack on the bubble and theres 2 super short stacks and yu know you can get ITM, why get all in against a bigger stack as a 75% favourite when yu dont need to. This doesnt apply to someone with a small stack which yu can knock out and burst the bubble
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I'd suggest you read these two Articles :)
      How to play before the Flop
      How to play after the Flop

A Video too!
      Introduction to SnG's

Do you have an account tracked to PokerStrategy?

If not i'd suggest you create a new account that is, even if you only deposit $10, you will then be able to achieve Bronze status and that would unlock alot of Useful Articles/Videos.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

You are now round about a month at Strategy, why didn't you make the quiz to get the $50? If you pass the quiz, you can get much more informations about the SNG strategy. And wit the promotion of 10 SP per day, you can make silver within 9 days easily.

But to your question: It depends on your stack have left and your psoition. But under 10BB i would push these hands. With my BRM I want to play for the win or the most profit.

And how many Buy ins do you have? I think it would be better for you, if you play the $1,5 Fifty50 when you have a BR under $200-300.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      my advice is stop playing these, the roi is so low that you need to play hundreds to make any money.., start playing hyper turbos and thats where you'll build your roll ;)
    • alcool22
      alcool22
      Bronze
      I happen to be a reg at the 3.5$ fifty50 and what I can tell you is that table image is most important. Play as nitty as possible until the antes are in play and then loosen up trying to steal the blinds whenever possible.

As for the way to play AA or KK or QQ. Many people will try to setup traps with theese kind of cards and just end up get hit in the teeth with their own trap. Just play straight forward. 3X raise when first to act, 3 bet when you have a raiser and all in when you have a caller(a min squeeze would just scream power).

@what is your screen name at PS?
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dogma18
      my advice is stop playing these, the roi is so low that you need to play hundreds to make any money.., start playing hyper turbos and thats where you'll build your roll :coolface:
      FYP!!

That is a good joke, but not more. The swings are very heavy there and for a beginner not an option.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Played both 50-50 at $1.5 and $3.5, both easily to win money Except the TURBO. The turbo table seem using more luck when the blind get 100/200. So i stick with the regular.

Dont overplay AK, been there, n seeing my win lose with AK losing more than winning, if I didnt hit any of the AK.

Dont play Turbo unless u can handle variance/downswing.

Play ABC poker, n as above mention table image is important. ROI quite low for $1.5. However for $3.50 quite nice about 30%, i have about 60% ITM rate for 1k games.

ATM, im playing n learning other game which is more profitable.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      my advice is stop playing these, the roi is so low that you need to play hundreds to make any money.., start playing hyper turbos and thats where you'll build your roll :coolface:
      FYP!!

That is a good joke, but not more. The swings are very heavy there and for a beginner not an option.

What what what???

i think from what ive learned from poker is that u have to reach the long run ASAP. No matter what game you play short term luck plays a part in f.ucking you over so volume is key. Now in an hour 6 tabling hypers, i play between about 40-60, with an roi of about 10% at $1.50s which i have maintained over 600 games. I earn around $7 an hour, can vary with games played+ how im running.

I dont have a sample size for 50/50s but there is no way u could play 40-60 games in an hour. they take around 20mins for turbos so at most ur looking at 20(maybe slightly more) an hour 6 tabling. So that means to make as much as in hypers, i would have to maintain an roi of 30%. and poker being what it is that is not possible.

Yes hypers have more variance, but at low stakes they are very beatable. My biggest downswing over 600 games was 13 buyins and i hardly noticed because of the volume
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Silver
      Fold AA pre sometimes to balence your folding range :coolface:
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      FYP!!

What what what???

i think from what ive learned from poker is that u have to reach the long run ASAP. No matter what game you play short term luck plays a part in f.ucking you over so volume is key. Now in an hour 6 tabling hypers, i play between about 40-60, with an roi of about 10% at $1.50s which i have maintained over 600 games. I earn around $7 an hour, can vary with games played+ how im running.

I dont have a sample size for 50/50s but there is no way u could play 40-60 games in an hour. they take around 20mins for turbos so at most ur looking at 20(maybe slightly more) an hour 6 tabling. So that means to make as much as in hypers, i would have to maintain an roi of 30%. and poker being what it is that is not possible.

Yes hypers have more variance, but at low stakes they are very beatable. My biggest downswing over 600 games was 13 buyins and i hardly noticed because of the volume
      How long do you play poker? If you are a beginner, it ist BR burning to play Hypers. And you say you are playing hypers 6 tabling, but a beginner cannot play 6 tables and than hypers!