Hero ($10)
      BB ($12.99)
      UTG ($9.90)
      UTG+1 ($4.39)
      UTG+2 ($7.78)
      CO ($10.67)
      BTN ($8.89)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, CO calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.10) 4:club: 8:club: K:heart:

Hero bets $1.30, CO calls $1.30

TURN ($4.70) 4:club: 8:club: K:heart: Q:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.35, Hero raises to $7.70 (AI), CO calls $5.35

RIVER ($20.10) 4:club: 8:club: K:heart: Q:spade: A:heart:

Villain play 17/12 over 3.3k hands Co steal 27% fold to resteal 80%(20)
      4bet 9% 4bet range 1.1

quite solid tagish player overall.

I 3bet preflop because his range is wide and my fold equity good + I could flop big. Also, I don't think I have implied to call against his wide range here.

even though his 4bet range is small its a blind steal situation so I think he would reraise at least QQ+ and AKs preflop. His calling range should be something like JJ-88,AQs-ATs,KJs+,QJs,AQo+,KQo. medium pairs and broadways.

flop: 3bet pot, so flushdraw quite unlikely and the K hits his range, smallish bet to induce action and no need to bet more to get it in untill the river.

Turn: I guess he would have folded most medium pair on flop so his range contains mostly broadways. I want to get it in here in case some scarecard comes on the river (A or another club). Im sure he will bet his top pair or two pair to a check and will have a hard time folding with so little money left. If he bets $3 he would have to call $4.7 into a $15.4 pot.

So I set up a check raise all in.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yayasarika,

Even if you play it this way I wouldn't really Check/Raise the turn since it looks a lot stronger. I'd just Bet myself and he will Call anyways with any kind of made hands. Doubt that such a player would float a lot of such flops in 3bet pots.

Best Regards.
    • yayasarika
      yayasarika
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

so 3bet preflop okay right?

his range is strong but I still obviously want to get it in when I hit my set.

skip the check/raise turn and instead play bet/c turn?

any river card you wouldn't ship it on?

sidenote its just sick how quick you are to judge the million hands being posted here everyday. thanks and GJ :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, most likely I don't like the 3bet since why not just to take the odds for set mining? Of course he folds to 3bets enough and can be profitable but do we really want that?

skip the check/raise turn and instead play bet/c turn?

Yep, I would Bet/Ship and go broke. We still need to protect our hand and of course we are also going broke on the river. There are still a lot worse hands which could pay us.

sidenote its just sick how quick you are to judge the million hands being posted here everyday. thanks and GJ

Hehe, thanks! I hope they also help you. :)