BB: $2.33 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 2.3, Hands: 511
      UTG: $2.04 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 4.4, Hands: 326
      Hero (UTG+1): $9.60 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 10, 3B: 4, AF: 2.4, Hands: 266115
      UTG+2: $4.58 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 12, 3B: 2, AF: 3.3, Hands: 227
      MP1: $5.85 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 1.1, Hands: 62
      MP2: $1.93 - VPIP: 8, PFR: 8, 3B: 8, AF: Infinity, Hands: 59
      CO: $5.00 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 9, 3B: 2, AF: 5.0, Hands: 303

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG+1 with J :club: J :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, CO calls $0.20, 1 fold, SB calls $0.18, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.65) A :heart: A :club: 8 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.34, SB folds, Hero calls $0.34

Turn: ($1.33) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.33) 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Question:-Small bet on the river?
  • 6 replies
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      JJ-88,AQs+,AQo+ - 58,73% (AJs too is in his range)
      JJ - 41,27%

I don't think he is bluffing whit that small bet in a 3 way pot, so it's not worth calling flop.

but as played - on river I guess, ~1/3pot would be ok, to get value from 99-TT
      since he is not having nutz 4 sure.

edit: + even if he is capable of bluffing - that will be multiple street bluff and you won't be able to call down him.
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      Preflop:

CO's getting the right odds to call with a fairly wide range in position. He's fairly aggressive with an AF of 5 and he's only playing about 10% of his hands. That being said, a strong Ace he'd likely be squeezing here and most pairs down to Q's would be a definite reraise spot. By flatting, this indicates a weak A (probably suited), small pair (T's - 2's), and maybe suited connectors (KQ-JT with JT being the very bottom of his likely range).
      SB could be calling with a very wide range. You don't know enough about him to make any assumptions other than you are likely way ahead of him. Postional advantage helps here.

On the flop:

SB checks (no info here). Nice check here by you. Bad spot to cbet because a reraise would force you to fold right away. CO bets in position about half the pot. This would indicate to me that he has a hand with some value here and is trying to take down the pot now or see a cheap showdown. Odds are he won't bet an A here and wants others to catch up or throw out a bluff/semi bluff on the turn to build a pot. Here you are either way ahead or way behind against his suited connectors or his pair. With the SB folding you should definitely make this call. No issue with the post-flop play.

On the turn:

Both check. Nice pot control. Very well played.

On the river:

Ok now to put it all together. Flats preflop and bets half pot on the flop....could have and A, but is more likely to slowplay an A there. Checks behind you on the turn. I would rule out the posibility for an A here since he would likely bet the turn to protect against the backdoor club draw and straight draws (in case u have pocket 9's or T's). My guess is he's got a middling pair like T's or 9's, maybe even 6's. Anything lower is unlikely and he would probably rather have the hand checked down to the river and wouldn't have bet the flop. That being said, a value bet of approx 30-40% would be a good size. He'll flat with the hands you beat n raise with the hands you don't.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sausage646
      JJ - 41,27%

I don't think he is bluffing whit that small bet in a 3 way pot, so it's not worth calling flop.

edit: + even if he is capable of bluffing - that will be multiple street bluff and you won't be able to call down him.
      Watch the leakfinder video by Yersh and see what he is advising about such spots. Lesson 7 NL course.Also forget to write down Stat: vs Missed CBet bet IP 100%(5).
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      :spade:
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Originally posted by sausage646
      JJ - 41,27%

Watch the leakfinder video by Yersh and see what he is advising about such spots. Lesson 7 NL course.Also forget to write down Stat: vs Missed CBet bet IP 100%(5).
      1. What he is suggesting? ( I am lazy fish :) )

"Also forget to write down Stat: vs Missed CBet bet IP 100%(5)."

2. you just changed everything =] (obviously than his range could easily consist of 55-77) and we can easy call.

- btw do you have this "vs missed cb... " stat in your hud when playing?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

I'd just CB the flop and get value from weaker PPs and maybe even pairs and of course still protect our hand from overcards rather than turn my hand into bluff-catcher.

Best Regards.