Worst player won 10k freeroll...

• Grastone
      Grastone
      Bronze
      Unfortunaly the worst player at the table won the tournouament.....
      Thats why poker is mainly a game of luck....
      example:
      1)utg raise 16.000,sb(DONK)(stack 170.000) call as always.....BBcall.
      flop 776.utg raise 8.000 sb calls...BBfold
      turn J utg all in(55.000 chips) Donk calls.AJ V Q9!!!!!!!!
      2)utg raise 16-12.000,donk calls.....flop 2 6 8 or something J...
      utg all in 34.000 donk calls..A2 V QQ!!!! turn 2
      3)donk raise10.000 sbcalls(about 100.000stack) BBcalls(about 100.000stack) flop K10 x.donk raise5.000..... sb reraise15.000, BB(me) after thoughtfold (K8s)
      turn J donk allinAJ sb calls AK river Q split pot.....
      numerous examples for about 1 hour at the same table....
  • 13 replies
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Welcome to poker! :s_thumbsup:

Your last two post have been really constructive and informative.

Perhaps you could post the original hand histories and give us any extra information such as the stage of the tourney, reads on opponents etc.

That way we could analyze your play and see if there is anything you done done wrong, or even something for you to work on/ change.

Good luck at the tables ;)
    • Grastone
      Grastone
      Bronze
      Been so close to good cashes so many times and lost by 30%(or worse),i dont think that beside luck i need something more.....
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Yes, definitely luck. No need to work on your game or get better.
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      These things happen and whenever I see a donk like that, i go on sharkscope check their stats and usually they're down hundreds of dollars, so i wouldnt worry about it.
    • Grastone
      Grastone
      Bronze
      Everyone needs to get better...there is always space for improvement
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonikoP

+1 ;)
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Read the 1st chapter of "The mental game of Poker"!
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Work on your flop hitting skillz imo.
      PS is currently writing a cool article about it.

T.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks lifted my mood a lot
      :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
      Work on your flop hitting skillz imo.

Definitely good skill to work on.
      :f_cool:
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze

Yes, definitely You have to play like pros to beat freerolls and micro - midstakes. (Don't even try to play simple ABC poker there)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi grastone,
      A really bad player can win a tournament, this is true. But can that same player win another one? Actually, yes in all likelyhood they can!

Maybe not what you'd like to hear but it's a fact. What one may realise is that the 'better' players win or place in more and more of these games, whilst the 'worse' or more 'recreational' type of player, may not win anything for a much longer time.

It is true that luck plays a part in poker, which is why we see the same old faces at final tables on a regular basis; it's because they are so lucky! Erm...no, actually, it's the luck factor that they are fighting against not relying upon and if the get good enough at it, they can overcome it to a certain extent, but of course it is impossible to conquer it completely.

If luck plays such a major part in poker, try going all in every hand and se how often it workes for you. I've tried it, it can be fun!
      Sorry if my post is a little unprofessional, I am no expert at poker, so it's just my opinion.

Anyway, best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • Grastone
      Grastone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi grastone,
      A really bad player can win a tournament, this is true. But can that same player win another one? Actually, yes in all likelyhood they can!

Maybe not what you'd like to hear but it's a fact. What one may realise is that the 'better' players win or place in more and more of these games, whilst the 'worse' or more 'recreational' type of player, may not win anything for a much longer time.

It is true that luck plays a part in poker, which is why we see the same old faces at final tables on a regular basis; it's because they are so lucky! Erm...no, actually, it's the luck factor that they are fighting against not relying upon and if the get good enough at it, they can overcome it to a certain extent, but of course it is impossible to conquer it completely.

If luck plays such a major part in poker, try going all in every hand and se how often it workes for you. I've tried it, it can be fun!
      Sorry if my post is a little unprofessional, I am no expert at poker, so it's just my opinion.

Anyway, best regards and have fun,

Mal.
      Ofcourse i agree with you and thanx for spending some time to answer...Its just that i am tired going final tables(or very close to) and always lose,most times not by a bad play but by bad luck....last time it happened again yesterday almost for an hour chip leader and ended 7th...(always an ace at the river,always a set when i have the ace:) ))(field 360 buy in 8 D15min blinds. partypoker)i am playing about 3 years now 2 of them spend a lot of time at my free time.always read some articles at many sites and always try to improve...i know my bankroll management is very poor(actually no management).I like card games but i still believe that after reaching a good level luck is very importand.(specially at tournaments).i am not using any program(holdem manager etc)and i know that this is major disadvantage but i prefer this way cause i dont play cash tables proffesional and i like to undersand the opponent by the way he plays at my table.still hope for a goodcash or for a good live event like the two i have lost twice for one position at the past...Gl
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi again Grastone,

It sounds to me from your post that IO may have misjudged your ability to handle losses a little.
      It actually sounds to me like you have a great chance of being very good at these games and I really expect you to come back in the future and tell us how you are owning them!

Keep improving and it will all come together I think.

Very best regards,

Mal.