$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($6.17)
      UTG+1 ($3.62)
      CO ($8.35)
      Alleen86 (BTN) ($5.56)
      SB ($4.02)
      BB ($3.64) 29/20/90/50/0/100/32/55/1,89/134 (VPIP/PFR/FvST/FvFCB/FvTCB/FvRCB/WTSD/W$SD/AF/H)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) Alleen86 is BTN J:heart: J:club:
      3 folds, Alleen86 raises to $0.12, 1 fold, BB calls $0.08

Flop: 10:heart: Q:spade: 4:heart: ($0.26, 2 players)
      BB checks, Alleen86 bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18

Turn: 9:spade: ($0.62, 2 players)
      BB checks, Alleen86 bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

River: K:spade: ($1.42, 2 players)
      BB checks, Alleen86 bets $1.06, BB folds

Final Pot: $2.48

Alleen86 wins $2.39 (net +$0.63)

BB lost $0.74
  • 2 replies
    • UTGDog

Raise bigger here. Rule of thumb is 4BBs in these small limits, so I would make it $0.16 to go here. This will also put additional pressure on the blinds and effectively narrow their calling range.

I don't mind the 2/3 bet here. 3/4 would be a more preferable bet since most draws would fold and you scoop a nice little pot right there. If he calls a bet as big as 3/4 you might already be beaten or is on a monster draw. His possible holdings here is a weak pair like 10's or worse or a weak Q. Could also be drawing to a flush.

9 spades hits. Doesnt change much. The straight has come in and a spade draw's been added. He's a bit of a fish and has double checked his hand indicating he's got a weak pair or is on a draw here. I wouldn't be too happy about your open ended straight draw since this only gives you 2 additional clean outs that won't complete a flush. Also, the 9 eliminates the J of diamonds as a clean out since it will complete other straights. Based on his stats, I might elect to check behind him and hope for a cheap showdown since your hand has actually become more vulnerable on this board and a bet doesn't help you at all. Your opponent is clearly a bit of a fish and wins about as often as he loses when at the showdown. Your bet doesn't accomplish anything here as he will call with all his draws and also when you're drawing dead. He may also raise if he's picked up additional outs or if you are already beaten. In that case, he's either put in a solid bluff or got additional value for his winning hand. In either case, you'd be forced to fold to a raise. Just check it behind.

Ks hits. This isn't the worst card in the world but I wouldn't feel too comfortable with it. You've made your straight, but the backdoor flush has just come in. I would just check behind him here as well since you have no idea where you are in this hand anymore. None of the cards here have given you a reason to be thrilled with your hand and you are still way ahead/way behind in this spot. Your bet is a big mistake since he may have hit a backdoor flush or made a better straight with AJ. He's only gonna call with hands that split or beat you, and fold everything else. Also, if he decides to get crazy and put in a checkraise, you have to fold since your hand just doesn't profit very often against any hand that raises you. The only hand u beat is a busted heart draw since it is the only hand he could be holding that you stand to beat....everything else you chop or lose. Just check behind and take what is yours, if anything.
    • veriz
      Hello Alleen86,

I like your play here. On the turn we can get value from so many worse hands and we can easily Bet it for protection and of course even for free showdown. Plus we have some extra equity ourselves for the OESD.

Best Regards.