[NL2-NL10] 66 set

• fractalsonfire
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:diamond: , 6:club:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.05, Hero calls $0.03, MP2 calls $0.03.

Flop: ($0.15) 9:spade: , 6:heart: , 5:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.48, MP2 folds, SB calls $0.33.

Turn: ($1.11) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $1.04, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.41

Did i overprotect? I think with his loose stats and that kind of board, its better to stay on the safe side.
  • 3 replies
    • UTGDog

Don't mind the call here, but this is an ideal spot for a reraise since nobody has indicated a strong hand. MP2's call and SB's raise are both very weak and a reraise could very likely take down the pot right here rather than being outflopped. It will also help you narrow their possible holdings should someone call you.i would raise to maybe $0.16-$0.20 and really put on the pressure. If you are called you are folding to any flop that doesnt improve your hand sionce you are probably facing a bigger pair or AK.

Love the raise. No issue with the play here.

I might elect to raise a little less here. The pot would now be $1.26 so a raise to about 3/4 the pot ($0.95) should do the trick. A call would indicate he likely has an 8, flopped a straight or a set of 9's. It is unlikely he would call with anything else since it would be too pricey to call with a gutshot or overpair/underpair. He may also call with two-pair hoping to fill up on the river, but also unlikely. This being said, he's mostly only calling a raise when he's ahead. Also his smallish bet on the turn is a bit fishy after being raised on the flop. Definitely a feeler bet to see where he is. Calling would be bad for you since it could open up the possibility of a big bluff on the river causing you to fold your hand. Raising is surely the optimum play here since you can fold the river.

If he was to call you'd have to fold to a big bet. I'd fold to a bet around 1/2 pot or so, since he has called both reraises and feels you have a strong enough hand to call.
    • veriz
      Hello fractalsonfire,

Against SB stack I doubt that I would play it much differently. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • fractalsonfire
      IF he called i definitely would've folded, that board is absolutely atrocious for me unless it pairs. But if he had a set of 9s, i think he would've shoved me on the flop...