Rake back question

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I signed up to 9 poker sites before i knew about rake back

so my question is can I get rake back at any of these sites or do I have to sign up to a new poker site and enter a code to receive rake back?
  • 8 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi,

It depends which poker room are you actively playing right now. It also depends if that 9 poker room offers rakeback or not.

You can read through our poker rooms page and check whether you're offered rakeback or not at certain poker rooms.

This of course will also depends on whether you signed up through PokerStrategy.com, when did you sign up and your activity ever since.

Even if certain poker rooms doesn't offer rakeback, they will have their VIP system to offer you cash back or promo rewards etc...

You can also list the poker rooms here and we try to find answers for you.

Ingrid
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Usually to get rakeback your account needs to be tracked to an affiliate site (PokerStrategy.com) When you create a tracked account part of the rake you generate goes to said affiliate instead of all of it just going to the poker room. So to get rakeback on an existing account you will need to be "retracked"

You can go ahead and ask the poker room to retrack you but since this is going to make the room loose money 99% of the time they will say no, your best bet is to look through our partner rooms find one you like the look of sign up with our marketing codes to make sure you're tracked on any accounts you open at new poker rooms :)

Carl
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I have accounts with

Paddypower
      Partypoker (signed up through PS)
      Pokerstars
      Bwin
      Boyle poker
      PKR
      Betfair
      Full tilt

I play mostly on Stars though
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maloco87
      I have accounts with

Paddypower
      Partypoker (signed up through PS) You can change your points into cash or into a cash bonus
      Pokerstars You get there Stellars and you can change FPP into money or tickets or other stuff
      Bwin
      Boyle poker
      PKR
      Betfair
      Full tilt Nearly one year ago, there was the black friday and Full tilt is now close

I play mostly on Stars though
      I have to look up the other rooms, but I think it is very important to know, at which stakes do you play. If you are playing NL2 or NL4 RB will be a very very small part of your winnings. And if you are a NL100 Player RB will be a bigger part of your winnings.

And, an other point: How many Hands/SnGs do you play per month on which stakes? You need at last $250 Rake to get your first RB at Party and you need to generate $137 rake to get your first stellar at Stars. You see, it is not easy to answer you.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Maloco,

Unfortunately because of the way advertising and marketing works, you can't sign up or get rakeback again. Its ok though, I will give you some other solutions so you can play tracked through PokerStrategy.

Paddypower
      Boyle poker

Both of these rooms are iPoker rooms. We offer the best legal offers on the following iPoker rooms.

Poker770
      Titan
      William Hill

Partypoker (signed up through PS)
      Full tilt
      Pokerstars
      PKR

All of these rooms are standalones so its hard to sign up with another account as it breaches their policies.

PokerStars should be fine as they don't offer rakeback, but a VIP system that anybody can join which allows you to play up to SuperNova Elite and is worth over $130,000 for anybody who reaches this.

PartyPoker is fine because you signed up for them through PokerStrategy meaning you are eligible for all of the rake races and cash back via cashing points in.

888 Will probably be quite tough to get involved in rake races, but all members are available to join their VIP system. With 888.com the players are very bad meaning that you earn more money through win-rate rather than rakeback.

PKR If you play on PKR reguarly then you can email the support after playing for a month or so and ask if they can perhaps upgrade you to a rakeback account. If they think you are a higher raking player then they will perhaps oblige.

Full Tilt This should not currently be a concern :)

Betfair
      Bwin

The two above rooms are both in the Ongame network.

We also offer EuroPoker check the link for all details regarding sign up and promotions.

Does this help a little?

Thanks
      Patrick
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Thanks very much guys

I play NL2 by the way but mostly I play $3.50 sngs on stars, im not sure how many i play each month but it must be around 500

you see the reason I ask is because I plan on grinding the cash tables and working my way up the limits by following the PS way starting at NL2 buying in for $2 and having 25 buy ins etc.

I mean im sure i wont generate much rake at first but i would like to receive rake back as i progress the limits. I will take part in some mtt's as well

should I just deposit in to my party account and start there or can anyone recomend a site that I could play on where i can build a healthy bankroll and recieve all the extras that make it all worth while

Starting from scratch and working my way up is part of my poker goals for 2012 as i really plan to earn some money from this game

im also planning on picking up HM2 to save hands and stats etc

im just looking to get well organised and set up properly and would be interested in finding out how others go about their poker business, what should I have and what i should do etc

all help appreciated

thanks
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Maloco,

btw, most of the rooms do not offer direct rakeback (like PKR and Poker heaven do) but give it via various vip systems where you can exchange points for cash. having said that, in my opinion, if you are currently playing nl2, you shouldnt worry too much about rakeback at all as the value of that is almost negligible. instead you should be focusing more on improving the technical aspects of your game, discipline/endurance in putting in volume, resistance to tilt. :)

If you are comfortable at Party, that is not a bad place to start :) it is the second biggest room and has good traffic. a lot of promotions are also held there regularly so make sure to check our Party Poker forum board.

smiles,
      wendy
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I never play on party though wendy as im not keen on the software

I always play on stars

but i would like some advice like ive said above on what i should have in terms of software and best site or sites i should deposit into etc as i want to really focus on making money through poker this year.

I was thinking of putting $50 into two different accounts to use only in cash games and to just keep the few $$ i have in stars to play sngs and tourneys etc as they offer a wide range of this

thanks for the advice on the rakeback issue though guys, i was just wondering how this worked as a friend or mine is always saying about getting some rakeback at the end of the month