18'seat turbo vs 45'seat turbo?

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I have a few questions on S&G's i would like people to answer if they can please. Thanks.

1) Which of these formats will produce a higher expected ROI per game?

2) Are expected swings in terms of buy-ins similar in these two formats? If not how do they differ and what kind of swings can be expected in each? 50BI? more less?

3) Would your strategy alter at all depending on which you play?

4) Which ones on pokerstars do you think are softer?

5) Are there any decent sites for multi-table S&G's other than pokerstars?
  • 3 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      attainable ROI increases as field size increase. not linear tho.

swings in 18mans gonna have 25-35% less depth than those seen in 45 mans. in turbs its on the lower end of that scale.

45 mans tend to have a shallower bubble, so i'm more aggro when there is 12 left in a 45man rather than in 18mans where survival is more important.

Theyre both pretty soft. I would recommend starting with 18mans for BRM reasons. 45mans are pretty similar and easy to move to.

Once you have 50 buyins for the $3.5 turb 45mans, I would begin to switch for these instead.

I'm currently playing a mix of the 45 man $7s and $15s on stars.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Thanks Conall, really helpfull response =)

I'm already more than comfortably bankrolled, i'm switching back over to S&G's from cash games, last time though i was playing STT's.

Which limit did you notice the play improve considerabley on? 7's or 15's? I'll play $3.50's to get back in the swing of things then will play $7's for 1.5k/2k games. I'll take your advice and start with 18's.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I don't feel any difference in skill between the $15s and $3.50s to be honest. 180mans on other hand has a HUGE difference in these particular stakes.

I do remember having problems moving up to the $7s at the start, but that was because my shallow stack game needed work ( I wasn't selectively aggressive enough).