[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #16 10.01.12

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from Jan 10th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Tuesday, January 17th at 6 PM GMT.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.38
      BB:
      $9.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , J:diamond:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.80) A:heart: , 6:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.5, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.80) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.15, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $1.85.

River: ($7.80) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $13.80
  • 6 replies
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      PF: After the call of BB i would be very careful since he folded 100% from BB so far.

Flop: standard

Turn: Checking turn would be the best option. Villain can't continue with weaker pp and doesn't have weaker Ax and hardly any flushdraws in his range.
      I don't like betting all the way vs a supernit with 75wts + 67 w$sd
      As played:
      A raise from this player on turn builts the pot for a river ship. There is no hand we are beating (maybe AT but can't hope for that) so fold after raise. We are even OOP on River.
      I see that the 2nd Ace would tempt you to call but such players don't bluff in this spot (maybe don't bluff ever).

R: now you should realize that the turn call was a mistake and just c/f
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I think the bet on flop is ok, he should not have FDs in his range that often, so we pay less to made sets.

Turn - actually maybe we should go for c/c beacuse - he would fold now his 2nd pairs if we bet and continue with sets, which are not fullhouse. And after he raises its very likely a fullhouse. I think we can try to induce bluff by c/c.

As played river - he is not bluffing, at least he is having and ace, but its very unlikely. So he should have fullhouse. So I think its fold. His wt$sd also tells that its more likely that he has made hand.
    • madzmadz25
      madzmadz25
      Bronze
      I would probably CBet the flop for 3/4 or pot size. His stats shows that he could easily have KK or QQ. He could even have KhQh which could give him FD. Representing AA might force him to fold this early. Ace on turn lower's the chance of him having the 4th Ace but it could still be possible. B/F here again to force him to fold but if he calls again, C/F on river. There's no way he is continuing here with weaker hand and could easily have the last Ace with better kicker.

Turn - B/F here. He won't be raising here without the 4th Ace in his hand. We are only beating AT in his range which is only about 25% of the time.

River - C/F here. Not much to we can do here and he is now probably betting for value.
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      Preflop: Good

Flop: Good

Turn: Bet your hand and fold to a raise. Your opponent is never bluffing here given his stats, and even when he his, which is unlikely, you are forced to either get it all in right there hoping you are ahead (BAD DECISION), or call and play your set OOP on the river knowing you are likely to face another big bet on the end (WORSE DECISION). The only cards that will allow you to get away from your hand on the end is if the river comes a heart and you think he hit his flush, which should have been an automatic all-in on the turn anyways if you think he's drawing. Against his raise, he's probably filled up on the turn or has your AJ dominated. There is simply too many hands your opponent has that beat you and you need to fold the turn.

River: Reeks of a value bet and you are always folding and accepting you made a bad call on the turn. Nothing has changed and there is nothing in your opponent's optimum range that you are beating here. His raise on turn gives you an automatic c/f on the river, unless of course he/she bets $2 or something rediculous on the end that you pretty much have to pay off.
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      I would play c/c turn and river to extract value from 77-JJ. as played I think it is b/f turn we have bad equity vs AT+ and sets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

The problem with such opponents is that you ain't going to see a lot worse hands on the turn which are going to pay. You most likely even getting more value from weaker PPs on the turn with Check and if he Checks behind by betting the river.

Usually here is the case that you can't really Bet/Call since your Ax will be pretty weak vs his overall stats from which we would expect either to see small PPs which is FH or better Ax hands. So it's rather a Bet/Fold on the turn to avoid exactly such a spot where hero made actually a mistake by Calling the river, what kind of hand do we expect to beat there?

Best Regards.