fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.50) 8:spade: K:heart: J:heart:

Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

TURN ($3.50) 8:spade: K:heart: J:heart: 6:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

RIVER ($6.10) 8:spade: K:heart: J:heart: 6:spade: K:diamond:

Hero bets $5.10, BTN calls $5.10

14/2/1.7 89 hands

he had even tighter stats, so I put him on set once he called the flop. But with these, I think he could call even without set, so I had to bet for value.

But if he reraises big on turn? Then he could easily have set.
      Vs KK,JJ,88,66 I would have only 27%, so would be fold, unles we can include weaker range.

But this hand is too strong to fold, so then c/c line should probably be betterm because he has very weak hand or very strong hand mostly.
      c/c line lets him float with medium pairs if he wants.

As I put him at the time I played on set, I guess I could go allin here, because now he then would have weaker FH and would not fold.
  • 3 replies
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      Not sure, in my opionion, you block JJ and KK, so there are only 5 possible set combinations. Consider he didn't 3bet preflop, he only got 4 combinations of set. Also how could he call flop with 66? I think if he raises turn you have to stack off, only sets is too strong range imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

you´re overthinking. He can easily have there AK, or A high flushdraws and I think he would most of the times 3-bet with KK and likely also JJ.
      Going c/r on the turn with top two+ flushdraw seems fine to me- that way you also protecting your hand against flushdraws

As played: c/rai on the river. I don´t see any hand that would not bet- he would bet his Kx hands and 66, also he might bluff his missed flushdraws, so you don´t loose any value if you go river c/rai with nuts

best regards,
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      As played: c/rai on the river.

This is interesting. I never was thinking like checking river with monster to not loose value.

He can easily have there AK, or A high flushdraws

But then he might have AJ also, so I can miss value against this hand. Or you think this is too rarely?