Decent bb/100 win rate

• nehmatpoker
      nehmatpoker
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have played over 15,000 hands of NL 5 BSS and noticed that I have a win rate of 13.39 bb/100.

Now what I wanted to know is what benchmark should I use to compare my bb/100 win rate? What rate is considered decent at these stakes and what rate could one expect to have by the time one reaches NL50.

I know that this is very subjective but perhaps people who have moved up the limits could have an idea and could probably share their experiences and general trends in their win rate along the road to higher limits. :)
  • 8 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi nehmatpoker,

I've move your question to the No-Limit Beginner's discussion Forum where it may get a more appropriate response. :)

Best regards,

Mal.
    • MaHnaK
      MaHnaK
      Bronze
      That's pretty good win-rate. But volume isn't that great. May be 50K+ hands will make it more balanced volume.

As you move up, 3-6bb/100 winrate over large sample would be very nice.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

In my opinion it is a very good start and go ahead with your play. But it could be, that you have a loosing session with 4-5 stacks inside 2k Hands. Than your BB/100 is down 3-4BB.

As i said, go ahead with your game and move up a limit, when you have the BR. Maybe you can make a shot to the next level if your BR is high enough.
    • nehmatpoker
      nehmatpoker
      Bronze
      I did have a day when I lost 5 stacks and hit the brakes. :) My bb/100 before that was about 25. Other than that there have been days where I have lost 2 stacks too. My graph does show a small downswing followed by a recovery. But the overall trend shows it going higher. :P In the long run, I guess 4-5bb/100 would require a lot of grinding.
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      yeah, at some points i had some crazy high bb/100 but eventually after some beats i lost 4 buy ins in 2 sessions and ever since recovering it hasn't been as high as it used to. i know after some more winning sessions though ill have my BB at 9+ though.

i dont bother about the stat since i see it flactuate so much but when i get in maybe like 25K-50K hands ill pay more attention to it and see :)
    • nehmatpoker
      nehmatpoker
      Bronze
      Well Slurpee I believe that it should be an important stat. This is the only stat that shows you how you'll end up doing in the long run. A nice sample would reflect its share of tilted sessions, bad beats, wins where you had less equity and won, upswings and downswings etc. So essentially this stat sums it all up to one nice figure.

I have read in many articles that usually the benchmark is 4-6 bb/100 hands but I think it should be different for micro stakes.

There are usually more fish at micro stakes so you have a higher win rate.
      But looking at it from another angle, the percentage of rake paid at micro stakes is higher than that paid at higher stakes which also affects your bb/100 rate. I haven't really found, anywhere in my search, as to how much a good winning player should have as a bb/100 rate (at micro stakes like NL 5 and NL 10) which is why I started this thread.

People who have climbed up the stakes would definitely notice that their bb/100 rate at micro stakes would be significantly different from what they earn now.

But I do agree that the sample size would have to be a bit higher to reflect as many situations and trends as possible.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not really sure about NL, but even 4-6 BB/100 seems great to me.

Look at the all time top winners leaderboard to have an idea about the longrun:
      http://www.pokertableratings.com/stars-top-hold'em-winners-alltime/0.02-0.05-NL
      (copy the whole link, don't click it)
    • nehmatpoker
      nehmatpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      Hi,

I'm not really sure about NL, but even 4-6 BB/100 seems great to me.

Look at the all time top winners leaderboard to have an idea about the longrun:
      http://www.pokertableratings.com/stars-top-hold'em-winners-alltime/0.02-0.05-NL
      (copy the whole link, don't click it)
      Thanks for that link. Yup people across limits seem to have bb/100 rate in a similar range. Guess 3-6 is good enough a rate with a great enough sample.