BTN: $1.95
      SB: $0.98
      BB: $1.85
      UTG: $2.07
      Hero (UTG+1): $3.15
      MP: $2.84

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: Q:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.23, 2 players) 5:heart: 7:diamond: Q:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.14, UTG calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.51, 2 players) 7:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.32, UTG calls $0.32

River: ($1.15, 2 players) T:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.73 ???

Hello,

I think I'm ahead on the turn when another 7 came out. It's unlikely he's limping with A7s and it's very unlikely he has quads with 77. So I put him on 55,KQ,AQ,(77),(A7s),(TT). I don't want to get raised so I bet bigger than half-pot on the river. Is this a mistake? I don't think I could fold here if I got raised, since I kinda excluded 77,A7s,TT from his range during this hand.

[I think I'm ahead on the turn when another 7 came out.]
      This! I think I should include my opponent thinking like this too, when I play the other hand. When another ace came out on the turn I thought it'd increased my fold equity. However after analysing this hand, if most people think like I do, it actually lowers my fold equity instead.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Betting on the river is still fine since the opponent may easily have a lot worse Qx hands and maybe even worse which may Call you. But what I don't like is the sizing, it really makes to fold a lot worse. I would use something like 1/2 pot size.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      The reason I bet bigger because I don't want to get raised and fold this hand. So if I bet as you suggested and get raised here, I assume I don't have to fold right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      The reason I bet bigger because I don't want to get raised and fold this hand. So if I bet as you suggested and get raised here, I assume I don't have to fold right?
      That's not really a reason to make the Bet bigger to avoid raising. :D You don't even know the opponent how can you assume that he is raising vs you? You don't give him any reason to even think that he is ever ahead here with a lot weaker hands and wont invite him come along. So rather fix your flop & turn bet which I just don't get, you are betting river so big but you don't do it on flop and turn, doesn't make sense.