HEM2: why aren't you listening to us?

Bronze
      First question: is there a HEM2 suggestions thread in which people report bugs / make suggestions on improving the software?

I have this feeling that HEM2 is really not being updated often enough. I mean, there are still so many things bad about it, some suggestions have been made but so far I can't really see that anyone would care and actually implement these suggestions.

As for my personal needs:
      1) HEM2 frequently does not show my cash games graph when I start the software. That is very annoying. It usually appears somewhere in between the time I have started playing or have ended my session.
      2) It is extremely difficult to mark a hand when multitabling because once a new hand is added to a database while I am trying to mark a hand, it suddenly disappears and I have to press on the "hand history" button again and try to quickly mark the hand, hoping that another hand is going to be added to the database before I have marked the hand I so desperately want to mark. Usually it takes a lot of time to finally mark the hand.
      3) There is an option to add new tags / delete old ones when marking hands, but when I add a new tag, it appears only as an option when I am marking the hands. The tag does not appear in the software when I am trying to later find it, so all my hands in that category are lost somewhere.
      4) HEM2 frequently crashes when I am looking at my marked hands, especially if it has been opened for a long time and has been left idle.

I am not even sure if it is worth mentioning these problems/bugs as so far I have not seen any relevant bug fixes / improvements. I am starting not to feel satisfied with the service.
  • 15 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Answer to your first question, are you using the refresh button that's on the top bar to right? I press it, it updates and I get the graph I want.
      Bronze
      Thanks, question 1 solved :D
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Yesterday I downgraded to HEM1.

Is the additional heavy lag while playing, and the tendency not to use HEM features due to lag involved, really worth a few additional "vsHero" stats.

Not anymore. Downgrading back to HEM1 was like a breath of fresh air.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Please try 6088: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/138521-holdem-manager-2-0-0-6088-o fficial-release-30-day-trial.html

You can post feedback in our forums: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feature-requests-feedback/
      or send us a mail to hm2support@holdemmanager.com
      Bronze
      Why has it not updated automatically?
      I am still using 5965 and when I press "check for updates" I am being told that I'm running the latest version already.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I got the automatic update to 6088 yesterday.
      Bronze
      Mine is just simply not updating. Not on its own, not even when I press the "check for updates" button. What is wrong with that?
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      HM2 is a piece of $120 garbage. Crashes non stop. Unbelievable.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      try to download and install it manually from the link i posted above.

@Broke: which build are you using. Which site and gametype? Where do you experience the crashes? Did you ever send us log files to analyze it?
      Which type of computer and operating system?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      #2 = Settings > General Settings > Auto Refresh [Off]

Maybe that will help you out? Not sure if it works though :)
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      try to download and install it manually from the link i posted above.

@Broke: which build are you using. Which site and gametype? Where do you experience the crashes? Did you ever send us log files to analyze it?
      Which type of computer and operating system?
      Yeah but support is bad. they are probably bombed with e-mails of crashes and performance issues. I wrote everythink i can, sent log file with it and they respond to me like i am retard..i could have made that answer in 10 seconds. just sayin no use of contacting them just need to wait for more updates.
      But what can they doo if they know themselfes that HEM2 eats twice CPU and RAM as HEM1 did and its overall slower and have random crashes. They can and they will step by step work on it maybe after 2 months it will be better.
      Bronze
      It worked manually thanks. But I didn't find the setup in your link though.
    • dailytear
      dailytear
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zemnieks11

(...)

But what can they doo if they know themselfes that HEM2 eats twice CPU and RAM as HEM1 did and its overall slower and have random crashes. They can and they will step by step work on it maybe after 2 months it will be better.
      twice the RAM? in my case (about 1.6 million hands in db) it's about 10 times as much, yes thats right, 10 times! have over 1mln hands on 888, which hem 2 needs to load into RAM, so it uses 1GB RAM before it even starts a HUD... why? u ask. dunno...

had to move back to hem 1 coz hem 2 is utter shaayt

:diamond: oh, i'm sorry, how silly of me to think 3.4 ghz dualcore would do the job
      :diamond: over 100k hands missing in hem 2 after import from hem 1. no i do not have original hh files, and 888 is not going to mail me over 1mln hands...
      :diamond: screen saver sets in before HUD appears, i could live with that, if hem 2 wudn't crash so often...
      :diamond: sure, just crash, again, and again, and again, why not? crash some more, i dont care, its just a hud, i dont need stats, i can play blind, why dont i just randomly press raise and fold, if hem2 doesnt seem to care, why shud i?...
      :diamond: oh, so i cant disable font shadow in transparent hud, ok whatever

i'm just gonna wait a few months and hope most bugs will be fixed by then. the only thing i can do in the meantime is buy new computer with 2 solid state hdd's (sata3) in RAID 0 configuration and quad core cpu

why am i whining, i have ok software, its called hem 1, its not perfect, but it does the job (a whole lot better and faster)

cherish the love :heart:
      Bronze
      You could try posting some log files of the crashes to help them find the possible solutions. Other than that it does not seem to too good a situation for you to be in.

I must say, however, that despite HEM2 really using a lot of energy it is not something my computer couldn't handle. And it is a very cheap laptop, you see. Maybe you have some hardware issues?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BrokesoBroke
      HM2 is a piece of $120 garbage. Crashes non stop. Unbelievable.
      I have been using it long before release. I haven't crashed once since two weeks before the official release.

Contrary to popular belief, your system settings, and background processes have a lot to do with program stability, and you would be a lil'bit deluded not to think that Database systems have their own problems.