NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($36.63)
      BB ($50.75)
      UTG ($53.95)
      UTG+1 ($50.15)
      Hero ($49.25)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.25) 8:club: K:heart: 4:club:

BB bets $5, Hero calls $5

TURN ($20.25) 8:club: K:heart: 4:club: Q:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($20.25) 8:club: K:heart: 4:club: Q:heart: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows T:club: T:spade:
      (Pre 54%, Flop 77.0%, Turn 4.5%)

BB shows A:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 46%, Flop 23.0%, Turn 95.5%)

BB wins $19.24

Hi!

Villain unknown reg, after few hands (40-50) 24/22 7% 3bet

I was thinking about a river bet, because the best hand he can have is Qx or JJ here, sometimes maybe KTs or KJs, but I think with thos he would vbet river.

What size would be the best? Now I think a 22$ overbet would be fine, because he will never call it with AQ or a weak K as I am unknown to him as well. I dont rep that much but he wont call it. Or maybe a 15$ would do the same. With that I could represent Kx hand too not only flush.

Do you like river bet here?

Ty
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can sometimes raise these flops if you also raise with sets, strong draws and Kx hands. You´re protecting your hand and if he has there smt like TT/JJ he would more often b/f flop than b/c

Q is not the best card, so I´d also check it down, sicne you didn´t bet turn he would not put you on set, Kx or strong hands and likely also call overbet, so with showdown value just take your free showdown

Best regards,
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Silver
      If you were in his position, would you call a 15$ or a 22$ river bet against an actually unknown reg? Probably a 15$ would be better as it represents more stronger hands then overbet I think.

(I would not, because he could be a nit or a fish too, I dont know anything about him, so I cant expect that he is betting thin with strong hands)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it depends so much on the game flow, but with AQ I´d likely would c/c river and it doesn´t really matter how much he would bet. if he doesn´t bet turn he usually doesn´t have Kx or flushdraw, so I´d prefer going there showdown.
      Also with Kx why he should not overbet or bet big on the river if he decided to pot control on the turn.
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Silver
      Ok thank you, I agree with you. The only reason I thought it could be ok because I am unknown to him and he doesnt know anything about me and wont risk 40bb this spot. When we know each other then checking back is the best for sure.