This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 TT 3bet pot

• Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($36.63)
      BB ($50.75)
      UTG ($53.95)
      UTG+1 ($50.15)
      Hero ($49.25)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.25) 8:club: K:heart: 4:club:

BB bets $5, Hero calls $5

TURN ($20.25) 8:club: K:heart: 4:club: Q:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($20.25) 8:club: K:heart: 4:club: Q:heart: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows T:club: T:spade:
      (Pre 54%, Flop 77.0%, Turn 4.5%)

BB shows A:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 46%, Flop 23.0%, Turn 95.5%)

BB wins $19.24

Hi!

Villain unknown reg, after few hands (40-50) 24/22 7% 3bet

I was thinking about a river bet, because the best hand he can have is Qx or JJ here, sometimes maybe KTs or KJs, but I think with thos he would vbet river.

What size would be the best? Now I think a 22$ overbet would be fine, because he will never call it with AQ or a weak K as I am unknown to him as well. I dont rep that much but he wont call it. Or maybe a 15$ would do the same. With that I could represent Kx hand too not only flush.

Do you like river bet here?

Ty
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can sometimes raise these flops if you also raise with sets, strong draws and Kx hands. You´re protecting your hand and if he has there smt like TT/JJ he would more often b/f flop than b/c

Q is not the best card, so I´d also check it down, sicne you didn´t bet turn he would not put you on set, Kx or strong hands and likely also call overbet, so with showdown value just take your free showdown

Best regards,
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      If you were in his position, would you call a 15$ or a 22$ river bet against an actually unknown reg? Probably a 15$ would be better as it represents more stronger hands then overbet I think.

(I would not, because he could be a nit or a fish too, I dont know anything about him, so I cant expect that he is betting thin with strong hands)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it depends so much on the game flow, but with AQ I´d likely would c/c river and it doesn´t really matter how much he would bet. if he doesn´t bet turn he usually doesn´t have Kx or flushdraw, so I´d prefer going there showdown.
      Also with Kx why he should not overbet or bet big on the river if he decided to pot control on the turn.
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Ok thank you, I agree with you. The only reason I thought it could be ok because I am unknown to him and he doesnt know anything about me and wont risk 40bb this spot. When we know each other then checking back is the best for sure.