please halp =/

• 12 replies
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Maybe you need to tighten up a little bit; not change your hand range but avoid playing so aggressively. I don't have any software so all these stats are new to me but folding to 3 bets 75% of the time can't be profitable. Neither can be folding to a 4 bet 61%. My guess is that losing chips on aggressive plays is eating up your profit when you do win a hand.

It's good that you open-raise when you enter a pot but are you considering position when you do so? To c-bet 55% of the time is probably good practice but obviously position is key. That you open more often in late position pre is cool...are you defending your pre-flop aggressive too much? Why are you folding so much to 3 bets? Your nl10 fold to 4-bets is even higher.

It's speculative but maybe you are getting into more raising wars than you need to be. Cut down the bluffs a little and pick up a better sense of when to let go of a hand (especially when you have opened the pot).
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      I have open raise on BU ~40% so I make 2.5bb open against tight oponents who fold bb/sb a lot, and when they does 3bet I have to fold (losing only 2.5x, considering how many times I have steal from them it's profitable),

when I see some of them start adapting whit 3bet bluff - I put in ~2.5x 4bets and they work like every time, since those tags don't call out of position and play for stack only QQ+ and myby some AK combos.

About fold to 4bet, I just don's see anyone capable of bluff 4betting at these limits...
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Sorry I couldn't be of help. 76% fold to 4-bet does seem far too high to be profitable but I can't confirm that from your data.

Personally I never make any real profit from stealing blinds (except in SnG) so am always looking to play someone post-flop while in position. In CG at the levels we are playing it's not really worth trying to do it, if taking blinds really matter to you then you're probably playing at levels beyond good BRM. Just a thought, not a critique :) . How shit is it when you raise AA in the CU and all you get is 15c!
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Second thought...

What do you open up with to try and steal blinds from TAGs? Might be more profitable if you can play high potential hands in position against players who will 3-bet with monsters. If they miss the flop or you get a good flop, you could end up playing bigger pots with position. Might improve things for you. Perhaps pick hands to open with that stand a decent chance of cracking AK or AA, ones that can stand a 3-bet but don't require 4-bet bluffs or a fold. In NL10 it's got to be better to take down a $2 pot on the flop (or end up staking a player cos the suited connector gods are loving you) now and then rather than taking a lot of 15c ones.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      1k hands isn;'t something we can judge since its too small play 15k hands more then we can see your leaks more properly
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heave112
      1k hands isn;'t something we can judge since its too small play 15k hands more then we can see your leaks more properly
      ammm... it's ~35k hands each NL 10 and ~35k hands nl4...

I was talking about sessions where I have to fold almost everything on 1k hand sample, medium pots, winning only dead money :D

On one table I can play ~80 hands hour if I can steal whit 2,5 and the fold bb, sb so much and 3bets only premium theoretically I make 1bb per time I make this move since it's 6 handed assuming I have chance to do this about ~50% times when I am in BU (15/2=7) so it's already 7bb per 80 hands, now that's really nice profit..

I think you really don't understand the biggest profit comes from BU and steal, since we have the absolute position.

Suggest to watch Betsizing in shorthanded games - Part 1/2
      it's for cash and probably won't give you much since you are sng player, but it shows how much stealing really profits you..

But overall thanks for response deezer79 =]

I would love to see some thoughts from Heave112...
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Is there a link to that vid? Don't play cash too much as I find it slow (7bb per 80 hands seems slow-going to me) but I'm sure it'll add something to my game. Variance is killing me in SnG at the moment so I'm getting more than a little jaded with it. In the middle of a break at the mo and plan to hit CGs when I feel ready.

I understand that building a pot pre-flop and using position from BU is profitable but when people just keep folding that 15c to you...again, seems slow-going to me. Sorry I couldn't help - I'm sure plenty more qualified people will jump in.
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      The video is here but it's a silver one so you may be unable to watch it right now. I'm not sure cash has less variance than SnG's. Unless you've been playing super/hyper-turbos.
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      i had a bad run this last week. been playing 20K hands NL5 FR and i was +100 profit up until a few days ago and lately my set has been busted by higher sets, my ace high flush busted by straight flush, AA/KK crushed by smaller PP/broadway in pre all in, etc.. you get the picture... over all i lost about $40 in my last few sessions and it really sucks. it took 1000's of hands to grind that small profit and when i was so close to moving up to NL10, and then in the last 3-4K hands i lost so much. just going to take a break over the weekend, do some reading/hand analysis and watch some videos.

as much as i wana blame variance (and im sure it does play its part in all of this) the biggest issue i have myself is making mistakes. other wise i wouldn't be in this situation :P
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      @deezer79 I am really thankful for your response and that you tryed to helpv=] already made me feel better, even if I run like sht :D
      Bu I will take your advice to play less aggressive in some spots..

@slurpee I have really bad situation, since from poker I am paying my transport and other small expenses ( aim student ) and since I am having few bad months it starts getting really depressive =]
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Originally posted by oblitron
      The video is here but it's a silver one so you may be unable to watch it right now. I'm not sure cash has less variance than SnG's. Unless you've been playing super/hyper-turbos.
      Thanks but yeah, can't access silver as I can't seem to link my sites to this one. I tend to play 6-handed SnGs and have been told that variance is higher there...not so? People here have said that to make me feel better about the constant suck outs :) . Hoping that playing cash would reduce my losses. A5 crushes my AK and I've lost a BI in SnGs and I would imagine I'd lose less in CG.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      lol just took a 3 day break and here the story about my first 1k hand session..
      I had 10 aces and 9 kings in only 1k hands compared to last 5 sessions it's really huge ----> insert conspiracy theory here :D

but really wtf, why after breaks I am just running really hot, is really things like "karma" or that type sht exist?

Does anyone have the same experience about taking bigger or less bigger breaks and than running hot?, since I notice this frequently..

[obviously at this break time I did some stuff to fix my real life stuff, but how that can be connected to running great cards? ]