$3.66
      MP3:
      $3.84
      CO:
      $10.59
      BU:
      $4.22

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , T:spade:
      MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, BU raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, BU calls $0.44.

Flop: ($1.28) T:club: , 5:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.04, BU calls $1.04.

Turn: ($3.36) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.6, BU raises to $2.58 (All-In), Hero calls $0.98.

River: ($8.52) 6:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.52

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (Ah Ac)
      Hero shows four-of-a-kind, tens (Th Ts)

Hero wins with four-of-a-kind, tens (Th Ts)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello UTGDog,

Why do you 3bet in first place vs him? Do you want to play for the stacks or what's your idea behind it? But as played I'd most likely just Check the turn and let him get a free card. :) We can still ship the river ourselves.

Best Regards.
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      Why do you 3bet in first place vs him? Do you want to play for the stacks or what's your idea behind it?

Well I had been in the habit of reraising my pockets preflop, and being out of position, with the proper flop, I could probably scoop up the pot preflop, hit my set n get some value, or c-bet n fold to a raise if the flop had a face card. I also figured the button would fold most of the time when pressured since he would often raise the button the last handful of orbits and wasn't in the habit of flatting larger raises preflop without a real hand. In addition to all this, I figured a limp by MP3 and a flat by me would give MP3 the right odds to call with his weaker pair or connectors and I would be forced to play my pair out of position against two players whom I don't know much about.

I play traditional deep stack poker, and play for stacks when at the table which added another dimension to my reraise preflop. I also had a pretty loose table image by this point, playing a lot of weak and marginal hands and getting involved in a lot of pots and knew if I hit my set, I would get paid off most of the time playing this way.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      With those hands I would rather just flat and play postflop. :)