This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 87s SH NL4

• UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.58
      Hero:
      $4
      BU:
      $12.07

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:spade: , 7:spade:
      BU raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.26) T:heart: , 9:spade: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.54, BU calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.34) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.12, BU calls $1.12.

River: ($3.58) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $3.58

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (Qh Qd)
      Hero shows a straight, ten high (8s 7s)

Hero wins with a straight, ten high (8s 7s)

Should I be extracting for value here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello UTGDog,

Preflop: Why do you Call in first place being OOP? How do you plan to play the hand profitable?

As played
      Postflop: Why do you Check/Raise so small? I'd make it pot size which would be $0,80. :) But otherwise not much to do while couple of draws and even FH is now possible.

Best Regards.
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello UTGDog,

Preflop: Why do you Call in first place being OOP? How do you plan to play the hand profitable?
      Felt such a small raise 3-handed on the button from someone who normally doesnt raise often was a weak attempt at a steal. I felt my suited connectors were good enough to protect my blind with heads up. I also knew, that given the proper flop, BU is folding more than 4/5 of his possible hands before the river, and in the event he is ahead, will bet his hands mechanically and I could easily give up when I'm pressured. It was more of an attempt to see a cheap flop with my suited connectors and possibly turn into a bluff should the opportunity present itself, as he is folding often enough to turn a profit.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    38.33%  37.41%   0.93% { 87s }
      UTG+1  61.67%  60.74%   0.93% { 44+, A2s+, K3s+, Q5s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A4o+, K7o+, Q8o+, J9o+, T9o }