Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $4.95
      CO: $5.00
      Hero (BTN): $11.63
      SB: $2.40
      BB: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:club: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.67, 3 players) K:diamond: 3:diamond: 5:spade:
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG raises to $0.60, fold, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.87, 2 players) Q:spade:
      UTG bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

River: ($4.37, 2 players) 7:spade:
      UTG bets $2.90 and is all-in, fold

UTG wins $4.16

I called CO raise pre-flop becouse i 3bet him last time and push off a hand so this time i just wanted to play some poker with him. Then UTG join the party too. TPGK is nice so i bet and then UTG c/r me and he is UNK. Its min raise and i have position so i call to evaluate. My hand improves so i call again to see what he will do on the river, and he instantly jams rest of his stack.

Now it has become clear for me - this line (limp/call pre, check/raise flop) is common for sets. I choose not to call. What would you do?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MonaiPlox,

I don't like your Bet on the flop? What you trying to achieve with it? Make a normal Bet and protect your hand! But otherwise I'd just ship the turn vs so many draws rather than Call it and let him get a free card. It wont change for us on the river anyways much unless it's a Q or K.

Also what we should ask is with what the guy could be limping preflop and then making such a Bet on the turn? We could easily there be even against a PP which made a set. :) So rather make a normal CB yourself and wouldn't even have such a spot.

Best Regards.