This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQs NL5

• MonaiPlox
      MonaiPlox
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $4.95
      CO: $5.00
      Hero (BTN): $11.63
      SB: $2.40
      BB: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:club: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.67, 3 players) K:diamond: 3:diamond: 5:spade:
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG raises to $0.60, fold, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.87, 2 players) Q:spade:
      UTG bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

River: ($4.37, 2 players) 7:spade:
      UTG bets $2.90 and is all-in, fold

UTG wins $4.16

I called CO raise pre-flop becouse i 3bet him last time and push off a hand so this time i just wanted to play some poker with him. Then UTG join the party too. TPGK is nice so i bet and then UTG c/r me and he is UNK. Its min raise and i have position so i call to evaluate. My hand improves so i call again to see what he will do on the river, and he instantly jams rest of his stack.

Now it has become clear for me - this line (limp/call pre, check/raise flop) is common for sets. I choose not to call. What would you do?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MonaiPlox,

I don't like your Bet on the flop? What you trying to achieve with it? Make a normal Bet and protect your hand! But otherwise I'd just ship the turn vs so many draws rather than Call it and let him get a free card. It wont change for us on the river anyways much unless it's a Q or K.

Also what we should ask is with what the guy could be limping preflop and then making such a Bet on the turn? We could easily there be even against a PP which made a set. :) So rather make a normal CB yourself and wouldn't even have such a spot.

Best Regards.