Heey there

• Kammalleri
      Kammalleri
      Bronze
      Heey I'm Karl and I'm from Canada I got $50 deposit a while ago, but wasn't so serious about playing I started on FTP and played here and there, but then it closed so I'm playing on party poker since.

I've started to take poker a bit more seriously this week and I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing it right and what I can do to improve my game and my earnings too.

I played about 40 SnG this week and my balance stayed around $50 so I guess I'm not a winning player yet and the sample is still pretty low.

Just a few questions here.. I'm playing 3 times at a time, should I play more? I don't feel like I'm overwhelmed by it, but usually I play the best when I lose on one table and focus on only 2.

I play $1 SnG btw

I was wondering my roi means? I guessed Rate of income, but I'm not sure and how do you evaluate that?

Also as a new player what should I aim for as a goal for exemple over 100 games what should my income be if I play $1 SnG? $5? $10?

Should I stick to 1 table or go multi table? What are the main differences between both?

Basically just any tips to evaluate my game, good ways to make money. goals I should set myself. Anything that can help me in poker would be great.

Thanks!
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Karl,

Welcome to the community!

So you're a SNG player then :)

Let's get to those questions:

ROI = Return on Investment

Should you play more games?

Well this depends on a number of factors really. I think the one of most important factor is comfortability level. If you can 4 tables at a time and find yourself bored when playing less then play for.

Your results?

40-100 games will never ever be near enough a decent sample to know how you are playing. I would be very happy to be breakeven over a short sample. However it requires at minimum 750-1500 games to truly gauge how you are playing. Your ROI will change multiple times when your sample is small.

To be honest setting monetary goals over a short period of games is not worth it.

Single Tabling vs Multi Tabling?

This, as mentioned above is very dependant on your own needs. What I am currently doing is trying different things. ATM I'm playing 4 tables at the same time and what I am looking at is my win-rate. Then, I will try and 3 table for the next 500 games and see which has the higher win-rate and decide from there what to do.

Hope this helps,
      Gary
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome to the community! What took you so damn long to post? :tongue:

Seems like Gary got it all summed up.

But on the Single Tabling vs Multi Tabling?
      In simple terms "Start from the bottom & work your way up" So start with just 1 Table, Get all your tricky hands reviewed Here & also join in the SnG Discsussions Here or start up your own topic on something you need help/advice on.

Once you can know you're playing 1 Table effectively, move up to another table, review your game, decide if you're reading for another table and so on.

Be sure to check out the Video Section for SnG Strategy too.

Best of luck at the tables!
    • Kammalleri
      Kammalleri
      Bronze
      Thanks alot! When you guys say 750-1500 games how long should it take for someone to play that many games?

I'm quite busy so I got maybe 5-10 hours a week to put in poker so how many games should I aim for if play 3-4 tables at a time?
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      That depends do you play normal speed or turbo games do you play 9max or 6max?

Also it doesnt really matter how long it takes you to play these games you still won't get a true reflection of your roi until you have played them it doesnt take as long as you would think though to rack up 1k games

Good luck :)