REFUND from Pokerstars TQ

• Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Hello,

PokerStars has become aware of accounts who have violated our Terms of Service, to the potential detriment of other players. You played against these accounts and as a result you may have been adversely affected.

In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the balances of the offenders and for PokerStars to add funds where appropriate. This compensation pool is then distributed to players potentially affected in as fair a way as possible.

To confirm your credit, please log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown as "REFUND", followed by the amount of the credit.

*Got few bucks from the refund.
  • 8 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Justin,

Nice to see that they take their security seriously and that you got a refund for this. Had you any idea about this or was it completely out of the blue?

Gary
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      I think 2 or more people playing together on the same table on SNG table. Coz i play this game more, n the amount they refund same with the SNG table buy in.

I do feel sometime a few player were playing together but never bother to send email to pokerstars, coz i believe someday they are goin to be caught.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've had this happen to me, and seen a few posts about it too.

Its good reassurance that those cheaters get caught! Best of all, they try to give bank some, which I havn't seen other rooms do.

Thumbs up for stars here =)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Justin37
      Hello,

PokerStars has become aware of accounts who have violated our Terms of Service, to the potential detriment of other players. You played against these accounts and as a result you may have been adversely affected.

In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the balances of the offenders and for PokerStars to add funds where appropriate. This compensation pool is then distributed to players potentially affected in as fair a way as possible.

To confirm your credit, please log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown as "REFUND", followed by the amount of the credit.

*Got few bucks from the refund.
      Just got the exact same email and was issued with a small refund too.

Fair play to Stars!
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      I got those refunds a bunch of times, and I myself have reported a bunch of those monkeys. When I notice it happening while playing 8-10 tables then they really deserve to get caught. I mean, it's one thing to cooperate and completely another thing to be so blatant about it, it's insulting.

A month ago I played on a bubble with 2 guys, one of which had like 1k chips and another around 4k. Big stack raise the small guy 900, small guy goes all in for 100 chips more and he folds? Then I check their countries and they are both from Mexico.

Anyways, if you spot something suspicious, report them. I just write table number and their names in an e-mail (there could be simpler way) and they will investigate it.

P.S.: I actually got 13$ in the past 10 days from refunds.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yeah, I recently reported a couple of guys on the bubble of a Hyper Turbo SNG but they concluded that it was a multi-table misclick from one of the guys. He folded a hand when the smallest stack shoved his last 15 chips into the pot and he only needed to call 15 chips.

Really seems Stars have security in mind for players and fair play to them :s_thumbsup:
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      i came to that situation before, saw someone raised, small stack go all in, the raiser fold for only around 200 chips to call...i think it is ODD enough to fold...

But didnt think to report...now i know...i take ss next time n report...
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Justin37
      i came to that situation before, saw someone raised, small stack go all in, the raiser fold for only around 200 chips to call...i think it is ODD enough to fold...

But didnt think to report...now i know...i take ss next time n report...
      I don't think my refund is related to my collusion report though. They came back to me and said that they felt there was no colluding. The guy who didn't make the clear-cut call was heavily multi-tabling hyper turbo SNGs at the time and they found no relationship between the two players.

Must have been something completely different!

It always pays to report anything suspicious just in case there is something going on though.

Gary