Feedback thread for the quiz 'Implied Odds and Reverse Implied Odds'

• 2 replies
    • Ectoz
      Ectoz
      Bronze
      In the evaluation,on the first question,the author says you are out of position and that is incorrect.You sit in the BU,which gives absolute position.

On question 3,altough i agree it's for educational purpose,i value a 3bet much higher.The reason for this is that with so much dead money in the pot,a squeeze here will have enormous fold equity.UTG will see that he already has 2 callers and thus giving a squeeze much more credit than he would have if we squeezed only vs 1 player.With a 20BB raise,i think UTG will see himself ahead only with 1% of his OR range.CO is so aggressive that you have to give a particularly weak range for over-calling.Either that or he is trapping,which i doubt.If MP1 calls,we will still be ahead of his range.

A 3-bet would be a bluff.

And rightfully so.What i'm trying to say here is that our hand will look like QQ+,AK here,maybe TT-JJ too and villain will fold 95% of his range.Table image would have the final say if we 3bet or not.

Questions 6 and 7 : raise flop,we have 6 high.Besides,look who raised,he is going to have a king and AA here less than 16% of the time and even then i think he will only continue with KQ/AK type of kings.

Also on question 7
      Assumptions need to be made: you only have eight outs remaining, although they are clean (Villain isn't holding a flush draw).

wat? since when villain isn't EVER EVER NEVER EVER going to hold a flush draw there?
    • tolari
      tolari
      Black
      In question 7 the author calculates pot odds wrong.

"Actual odds: (1.75 + 1.20) / 1.20 = approx. 2.5 to 1"

our odds are (1.75+2*1.20)/1.2=approx. 3.5 to 1.

correct me if im wrong but thats the way that hm calculated pot odds, dont confuse people like that.

also question 5 lacks word without, it states:
      "Can you call implied odds correctly here?"